Mar 30, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
James Harden was held out of Saturday night’s game against the Clippers due to a sore right foot, Rockets head coach Kevin McHale told reporters before tip-off.
Harden scored in single digits for just the second time all season on Friday, finishing with seven points on 3-9 shooting in 27 minutes in a loss to the Grizzlies in Memphis.
“It’s been bothering him for a little while, so he’s going to be out tonight,” McHale said, via the Associated Press. “It’s one of those things that you hope will get better soon because needless to say, we need him.”
Houston currently sits in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, which would mean a date with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the playoffs if the seedings should hold through the end of the season.
Harden is averaging 26 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.8 assists in 38.3 minutes per game for the Rockets this season.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 15
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6