Mar 30, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
James Harden was held out of Saturday night’s game against the Clippers due to a sore right foot, Rockets head coach Kevin McHale told reporters before tip-off.
Harden scored in single digits for just the second time all season on Friday, finishing with seven points on 3-9 shooting in 27 minutes in a loss to the Grizzlies in Memphis.
“It’s been bothering him for a little while, so he’s going to be out tonight,” McHale said, via the Associated Press. “It’s one of those things that you hope will get better soon because needless to say, we need him.”
Houston currently sits in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, which would mean a date with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the playoffs if the seedings should hold through the end of the season.
Harden is averaging 26 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.8 assists in 38.3 minutes per game for the Rockets this season.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10