Mar 30, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
James Harden was held out of Saturday night’s game against the Clippers due to a sore right foot, Rockets head coach Kevin McHale told reporters before tip-off.
Harden scored in single digits for just the second time all season on Friday, finishing with seven points on 3-9 shooting in 27 minutes in a loss to the Grizzlies in Memphis.
“It’s been bothering him for a little while, so he’s going to be out tonight,” McHale said, via the Associated Press. “It’s one of those things that you hope will get better soon because needless to say, we need him.”
Houston currently sits in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, which would mean a date with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the playoffs if the seedings should hold through the end of the season.
Harden is averaging 26 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.8 assists in 38.3 minutes per game for the Rockets this season.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15