Mar 30, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
James Harden was held out of Saturday night’s game against the Clippers due to a sore right foot, Rockets head coach Kevin McHale told reporters before tip-off.
Harden scored in single digits for just the second time all season on Friday, finishing with seven points on 3-9 shooting in 27 minutes in a loss to the Grizzlies in Memphis.
“It’s been bothering him for a little while, so he’s going to be out tonight,” McHale said, via the Associated Press. “It’s one of those things that you hope will get better soon because needless to say, we need him.”
Houston currently sits in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, which would mean a date with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the playoffs if the seedings should hold through the end of the season.
Harden is averaging 26 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.8 assists in 38.3 minutes per game for the Rockets this season.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 7
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3