Mar 30, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
James Harden was held out of Saturday night’s game against the Clippers due to a sore right foot, Rockets head coach Kevin McHale told reporters before tip-off.
Harden scored in single digits for just the second time all season on Friday, finishing with seven points on 3-9 shooting in 27 minutes in a loss to the Grizzlies in Memphis.
“It’s been bothering him for a little while, so he’s going to be out tonight,” McHale said, via the Associated Press. “It’s one of those things that you hope will get better soon because needless to say, we need him.”
Houston currently sits in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, which would mean a date with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the playoffs if the seedings should hold through the end of the season.
Harden is averaging 26 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.8 assists in 38.3 minutes per game for the Rockets this season.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43