Mar 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Can you imagine the reaction back in 1998 if you’d tried to tell people how 15 years later they would line up hours before the doors opened to get an Allen Iverson bobblehead because he was such a sports icon of the city?
Iverson returned to Philadelphia Saturday night for Iverson bobblehead night and was greeted with a lot of love. He spoke with CSNPhilly.com’s Dei Lynam and reflected on his career a little, talked about his future (yes, he’d still love a shot in the NBA) and how important it would be to him to be inducted some day into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. Which is going to happen. He earned it on the court, and he earned it with how he led a change in the culture of the sport to a new generation.
Below, you can see him introduced to the Philly fans.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18