Mar 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Can you imagine the reaction back in 1998 if you’d tried to tell people how 15 years later they would line up hours before the doors opened to get an Allen Iverson bobblehead because he was such a sports icon of the city?
Iverson returned to Philadelphia Saturday night for Iverson bobblehead night and was greeted with a lot of love. He spoke with CSNPhilly.com’s Dei Lynam and reflected on his career a little, talked about his future (yes, he’d still love a shot in the NBA) and how important it would be to him to be inducted some day into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. Which is going to happen. He earned it on the court, and he earned it with how he led a change in the culture of the sport to a new generation.
Below, you can see him introduced to the Philly fans.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11