Mar 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Can you imagine the reaction back in 1998 if you’d tried to tell people how 15 years later they would line up hours before the doors opened to get an Allen Iverson bobblehead because he was such a sports icon of the city?
Iverson returned to Philadelphia Saturday night for Iverson bobblehead night and was greeted with a lot of love. He spoke with CSNPhilly.com’s Dei Lynam and reflected on his career a little, talked about his future (yes, he’d still love a shot in the NBA) and how important it would be to him to be inducted some day into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. Which is going to happen. He earned it on the court, and he earned it with how he led a change in the culture of the sport to a new generation.
Below, you can see him introduced to the Philly fans.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80