Mar 29, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Three months later Asik was up to his old tricks and this time he’s going to pay for it.
The league announced Thursday Asik will be fined $5,000 for a flop against Duncan last Sunday. Once again Asik embellished a minor contact — and once again it worked. He drew the foul in a game that ended up being a one-point Rockets win.
The timing of Asik’s penalties from the league seems to coincide with their sudden focus on this issue again as the playoffs near. The problem is the $5,000 fine isn’t going to deter a player from anything, especially in a playoff game.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for finding the video.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1