Mar 29, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Three months later Asik was up to his old tricks and this time he’s going to pay for it.
The league announced Thursday Asik will be fined $5,000 for a flop against Duncan last Sunday. Once again Asik embellished a minor contact — and once again it worked. He drew the foul in a game that ended up being a one-point Rockets win.
The timing of Asik’s penalties from the league seems to coincide with their sudden focus on this issue again as the playoffs near. The problem is the $5,000 fine isn’t going to deter a player from anything, especially in a playoff game.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for finding the video.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10