Mar 29, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Three months later Asik was up to his old tricks and this time he’s going to pay for it.
The league announced Thursday Asik will be fined $5,000 for a flop against Duncan last Sunday. Once again Asik embellished a minor contact — and once again it worked. He drew the foul in a game that ended up being a one-point Rockets win.
The timing of Asik’s penalties from the league seems to coincide with their sudden focus on this issue again as the playoffs near. The problem is the $5,000 fine isn’t going to deter a player from anything, especially in a playoff game.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for finding the video.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 3
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 37
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52