Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Thursday night, venerable NBA columnist Peter Vecsey tweeted that we should look for the Grizzlies to sign Keyon Dooling for a playoff push. Memphis basically has nobody behind Tony Allen at the two spot (Jerryd Bayless gets the minutes behind Mike Conley at the point).
But the Grizzlies are apparently considering more than just Dooling.
The well connected Chris Vernon of 92.9 ESPN Radio in Memphis tweeted this out.
Dooling, with 12 years of NBA experience, makes the most sense in terms of a veteran presence, but he didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
The name that intrigues me off that list is Sundiata Gaines — he’s been a more solid player overall in recent seasons and shot 34.1 percent from three last season (he shot just 37.6 percent overall but more than three quarters of his shots were threes).
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28