Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Thursday night, venerable NBA columnist Peter Vecsey tweeted that we should look for the Grizzlies to sign Keyon Dooling for a playoff push. Memphis basically has nobody behind Tony Allen at the two spot (Jerryd Bayless gets the minutes behind Mike Conley at the point).
But the Grizzlies are apparently considering more than just Dooling.
The well connected Chris Vernon of 92.9 ESPN Radio in Memphis tweeted this out.
Dooling, with 12 years of NBA experience, makes the most sense in terms of a veteran presence, but he didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
The name that intrigues me off that list is Sundiata Gaines — he’s been a more solid player overall in recent seasons and shot 34.1 percent from three last season (he shot just 37.6 percent overall but more than three quarters of his shots were threes).
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16