Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
Thursday night, venerable NBA columnist Peter Vecsey tweeted that we should look for the Grizzlies to sign Keyon Dooling for a playoff push. Memphis basically has nobody behind Tony Allen at the two spot (Jerryd Bayless gets the minutes behind Mike Conley at the point).
But the Grizzlies are apparently considering more than just Dooling.
The well connected Chris Vernon of 92.9 ESPN Radio in Memphis tweeted this out.
Dooling, with 12 years of NBA experience, makes the most sense in terms of a veteran presence, but he didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
The name that intrigues me off that list is Sundiata Gaines — he’s been a more solid player overall in recent seasons and shot 34.1 percent from three last season (he shot just 37.6 percent overall but more than three quarters of his shots were threes).
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12