Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Thursday night, venerable NBA columnist Peter Vecsey tweeted that we should look for the Grizzlies to sign Keyon Dooling for a playoff push. Memphis basically has nobody behind Tony Allen at the two spot (Jerryd Bayless gets the minutes behind Mike Conley at the point).
But the Grizzlies are apparently considering more than just Dooling.
The well connected Chris Vernon of 92.9 ESPN Radio in Memphis tweeted this out.
Dooling, with 12 years of NBA experience, makes the most sense in terms of a veteran presence, but he didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
The name that intrigues me off that list is Sundiata Gaines — he’s been a more solid player overall in recent seasons and shot 34.1 percent from three last season (he shot just 37.6 percent overall but more than three quarters of his shots were threes).
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23