Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Thursday night, venerable NBA columnist Peter Vecsey tweeted that we should look for the Grizzlies to sign Keyon Dooling for a playoff push. Memphis basically has nobody behind Tony Allen at the two spot (Jerryd Bayless gets the minutes behind Mike Conley at the point).
But the Grizzlies are apparently considering more than just Dooling.
The well connected Chris Vernon of 92.9 ESPN Radio in Memphis tweeted this out.
Dooling, with 12 years of NBA experience, makes the most sense in terms of a veteran presence, but he didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
The name that intrigues me off that list is Sundiata Gaines — he’s been a more solid player overall in recent seasons and shot 34.1 percent from three last season (he shot just 37.6 percent overall but more than three quarters of his shots were threes).
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24