Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM EST
Reggie Evans’ 22-point, 26-rebound performance against the Trail Blazers stood above the rest, but it was only one game during an excellent month. In March, Evans has averaged 7.3 points (56 percent shooting) and 15.5 rebounds per game.
“I got frustrated one day when one of my teammates told my coach to take me out the game. I bit my tongue. I didn’t say nothing to (my teammate),” Evans said.
“But me, knowing me, I usually attack and say something. I bit my tongue. I said, ‘Ok.’ I said, ‘Alright, start being aggressive.’ So I took it in a positive way, instead of just doing my normal self, like ‘What you say? What you say?”
I wish there were more context about how Evans found out about that quote. If he heard the teammate say it, OK. But if P.J. Carlesimo told him a teammate said it, I’d be willing to bet Carlesimo made up the whole thing to motivate Evans.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4