Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
Reggie Evans’ 22-point, 26-rebound performance against the Trail Blazers stood above the rest, but it was only one game during an excellent month. In March, Evans has averaged 7.3 points (56 percent shooting) and 15.5 rebounds per game.
“I got frustrated one day when one of my teammates told my coach to take me out the game. I bit my tongue. I didn’t say nothing to (my teammate),” Evans said.
“But me, knowing me, I usually attack and say something. I bit my tongue. I said, ‘Ok.’ I said, ‘Alright, start being aggressive.’ So I took it in a positive way, instead of just doing my normal self, like ‘What you say? What you say?”
I wish there were more context about how Evans found out about that quote. If he heard the teammate say it, OK. But if P.J. Carlesimo told him a teammate said it, I’d be willing to bet Carlesimo made up the whole thing to motivate Evans.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24