Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
Reggie Evans’ 22-point, 26-rebound performance against the Trail Blazers stood above the rest, but it was only one game during an excellent month. In March, Evans has averaged 7.3 points (56 percent shooting) and 15.5 rebounds per game.
“I got frustrated one day when one of my teammates told my coach to take me out the game. I bit my tongue. I didn’t say nothing to (my teammate),” Evans said.
“But me, knowing me, I usually attack and say something. I bit my tongue. I said, ‘Ok.’ I said, ‘Alright, start being aggressive.’ So I took it in a positive way, instead of just doing my normal self, like ‘What you say? What you say?”
I wish there were more context about how Evans found out about that quote. If he heard the teammate say it, OK. But if P.J. Carlesimo told him a teammate said it, I’d be willing to bet Carlesimo made up the whole thing to motivate Evans.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7