Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
Reggie Evans’ 22-point, 26-rebound performance against the Trail Blazers stood above the rest, but it was only one game during an excellent month. In March, Evans has averaged 7.3 points (56 percent shooting) and 15.5 rebounds per game.
“I got frustrated one day when one of my teammates told my coach to take me out the game. I bit my tongue. I didn’t say nothing to (my teammate),” Evans said.
“But me, knowing me, I usually attack and say something. I bit my tongue. I said, ‘Ok.’ I said, ‘Alright, start being aggressive.’ So I took it in a positive way, instead of just doing my normal self, like ‘What you say? What you say?”
I wish there were more context about how Evans found out about that quote. If he heard the teammate say it, OK. But if P.J. Carlesimo told him a teammate said it, I’d be willing to bet Carlesimo made up the whole thing to motivate Evans.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80