Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
Reggie Evans’ 22-point, 26-rebound performance against the Trail Blazers stood above the rest, but it was only one game during an excellent month. In March, Evans has averaged 7.3 points (56 percent shooting) and 15.5 rebounds per game.
“I got frustrated one day when one of my teammates told my coach to take me out the game. I bit my tongue. I didn’t say nothing to (my teammate),” Evans said.
“But me, knowing me, I usually attack and say something. I bit my tongue. I said, ‘Ok.’ I said, ‘Alright, start being aggressive.’ So I took it in a positive way, instead of just doing my normal self, like ‘What you say? What you say?”
I wish there were more context about how Evans found out about that quote. If he heard the teammate say it, OK. But if P.J. Carlesimo told him a teammate said it, I’d be willing to bet Carlesimo made up the whole thing to motivate Evans.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43