Mar 29, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
If you looked at the Lakers schedule before the season started and saw a Saturday night game, 73rd of the season, you might think that would be a good night to get Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash a little rest.
It hasn’t worked out that way — the Lakers had a half-game lead over the Jazz for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West heading into Friday night’s games, with the Mavericks lurking a game and a half back. The Lakers need every win they can get.
Which means Kobe Bryant is probable to play through a bone spur in his foot not to mention his sprained ankle Saturday against the Kings, the team announced. However, Nash may not go due to his hip. From Lakers.com.
Kobe Bryant received treatment on his foot and ankle today and his status for tomorrow is probable. Steve Nash also received treatment today and his status for tomorrow is questionable.
The Kings have struggled this season but they are 6-4 in their last 10, with Isaiah Thomas and DeMarcus Cousins played well. This will not be an easy win for the Lakers — of course, the way the Lakers are defending lately they have no easy games.
After that, the Lakers schedule the rest of the way is Mavericks, Grizzlies, Clippers, Hornets, at the Trail Blazers, Warriors, Spurs and Rockets. The Lakers likely need to win six of those to make the playoffs. It’s going to be tough.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 0
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 1
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)