Mar 29, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Superman loves Lois.
• Remember the Miami Heat fan who sued the San Antonio Spurs for resting Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili in the same game (the one where David Stern fined the Spurs $250,000)? A judge wisely dismissed the case last week. When you buy your ticket there are inherent risks.
• Saturday night is Allen Iverson bobblehead night in Philadelphia — and The Answer will be in the house.
• This is a fantastic profile of Ryan McDonough, the Celtics assistant GM who is part of a new wave and new style of GM in the league.
• The Pistons’ Will Bynum apparently has a hand injury and may miss a few games.
• The invitations to Michael Jordan’s wedding come with a request not to speak to the media about what happens.
• You can’t sum up all the Lakers’ defensive problems in one play from this season, but this comes pretty close.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wants to coach UCLA. That’s not going to happen.
• While we’re talking about him, here are Abdul-Jabbar’s 10 things he wished he’d known before he turned pro.
• Former Chicago Bulls center Tom Boerwinkle, who played 10 seasons for the team, has passed away.
• How Scott Brooks almost ended up as the Trail Blazers coach.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9