Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Among the flops people have been warned/fined for this season, Danilo Gallinari may nave my new favorite. And the league did officially warn him on Thursday for this beauty during the Nuggets loss to the Hornets Monday that snapped their 15-game win streak.
New Orleans’ Robin Lopez had set a high pick then sort of did a slow roll to the hoop as both defenders went to Brian Roberts. Lopez got that pass in the paint and turned to put up a shot from in close when Gallinari tried to draw the call.
There are so many great parts to this — how he extends his hands into Lopez so there is no body contact. Then there’s how he flies backwards after contact like a scene out of “The Matrix.” But the best part is that if the referees had gotten sucked in and made a call it would have been on Gallinari as he was in the restricted area at the time.
Time to get Gallinari some acting classes.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for finding the video.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27