Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Among the flops people have been warned/fined for this season, Danilo Gallinari may nave my new favorite. And the league did officially warn him on Thursday for this beauty during the Nuggets loss to the Hornets Monday that snapped their 15-game win streak.
New Orleans’ Robin Lopez had set a high pick then sort of did a slow roll to the hoop as both defenders went to Brian Roberts. Lopez got that pass in the paint and turned to put up a shot from in close when Gallinari tried to draw the call.
There are so many great parts to this — how he extends his hands into Lopez so there is no body contact. Then there’s how he flies backwards after contact like a scene out of “The Matrix.” But the best part is that if the referees had gotten sucked in and made a call it would have been on Gallinari as he was in the restricted area at the time.
Time to get Gallinari some acting classes.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for finding the video.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41