Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Among the flops people have been warned/fined for this season, Danilo Gallinari may nave my new favorite. And the league did officially warn him on Thursday for this beauty during the Nuggets loss to the Hornets Monday that snapped their 15-game win streak.
New Orleans’ Robin Lopez had set a high pick then sort of did a slow roll to the hoop as both defenders went to Brian Roberts. Lopez got that pass in the paint and turned to put up a shot from in close when Gallinari tried to draw the call.
There are so many great parts to this — how he extends his hands into Lopez so there is no body contact. Then there’s how he flies backwards after contact like a scene out of “The Matrix.” But the best part is that if the referees had gotten sucked in and made a call it would have been on Gallinari as he was in the restricted area at the time.
Time to get Gallinari some acting classes.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for finding the video.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 1
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 27
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26