Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 AM EST
Among the flops people have been warned/fined for this season, Danilo Gallinari may nave my new favorite. And the league did officially warn him on Thursday for this beauty during the Nuggets loss to the Hornets Monday that snapped their 15-game win streak.
New Orleans’ Robin Lopez had set a high pick then sort of did a slow roll to the hoop as both defenders went to Brian Roberts. Lopez got that pass in the paint and turned to put up a shot from in close when Gallinari tried to draw the call.
There are so many great parts to this — how he extends his hands into Lopez so there is no body contact. Then there’s how he flies backwards after contact like a scene out of “The Matrix.” But the best part is that if the referees had gotten sucked in and made a call it would have been on Gallinari as he was in the restricted area at the time.
Time to get Gallinari some acting classes.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for finding the video.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 5
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)