Mar 29, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Among the flops people have been warned/fined for this season, Danilo Gallinari may nave my new favorite. And the league did officially warn him on Thursday for this beauty during the Nuggets loss to the Hornets Monday that snapped their 15-game win streak.
New Orleans’ Robin Lopez had set a high pick then sort of did a slow roll to the hoop as both defenders went to Brian Roberts. Lopez got that pass in the paint and turned to put up a shot from in close when Gallinari tried to draw the call.
There are so many great parts to this — how he extends his hands into Lopez so there is no body contact. Then there’s how he flies backwards after contact like a scene out of “The Matrix.” But the best part is that if the referees had gotten sucked in and made a call it would have been on Gallinari as he was in the restricted area at the time.
Time to get Gallinari some acting classes.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for finding the video.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37