Mar 29, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
It’s been almost three weeks since it was discovered that Amar’e Stoudemire would require knee surgery which would keep him out of the Knicks lineup for the rest of the regular season, at the very least.
Stoudemire, speaking on a conference call to promote an upcoming documentary, said that the rehabilitation process is going well, and that he hopes to be back in time to join his team for the playoffs.
“There’s no timetable set on my return,” he said during a conference call for an upcoming self-documentary. “Hopefully, I can return soon enough for the postseason. I’m gearing toward that, but I want to make sure I’m ready and 100 percent. … It’s only been two weeks since the procedure, so we’re still taking precautionary measures and just making sure everything heals up perfectly before we get too far ahead of ourselves.”
“It actually happened I think at the perfect time because it gives me a chance to have hope to return for the postseason,” he said. “If I feel 100 percent by the postseason, then I should be ready for next season as well, but if not, then I’ll probably have to wait until next season.”
A postseason reappearance from Stoudemire wouldn’t be a surprise, and in fact, it would be somewhat expected. The initial six-week timetable for his return would have put him back on the court right near the start of the playoffs, but it’s good to hear from him directly that he’s on track to return as scheduled.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5