Mar 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
The NBA admitting it made a mistake matters about as much as you owning up to your boss that you made a big mistake — you get a nod of recognition but it doesn’t really change anything.
So let’s all give the NBA a nod for admitting that Kobe Bryant fouled Ricky Rubio on the final shot in the Lakers three-point win over the Timberwolves Sunday. Here is what the league said on its official officials site.
Ricky Rubio attempted a 3-point shot at the buzzer of the Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-117 win over the Timberwolves on March 27. Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled Rubio while Rubio was in his shooting motion. Rubio should have been awarded three free throws.
Isn’t that nice?
As Kobe said after the game, the official on the floor are not going to call a foul on a desperation three on the last shot of the game unless Kobe tackled Rubio.
But at least the league admitted its error. So there’s some transparency.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18