Mar 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
The NBA admitting it made a mistake matters about as much as you owning up to your boss that you made a big mistake — you get a nod of recognition but it doesn’t really change anything.
So let’s all give the NBA a nod for admitting that Kobe Bryant fouled Ricky Rubio on the final shot in the Lakers three-point win over the Timberwolves Sunday. Here is what the league said on its official officials site.
Ricky Rubio attempted a 3-point shot at the buzzer of the Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-117 win over the Timberwolves on March 27. Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled Rubio while Rubio was in his shooting motion. Rubio should have been awarded three free throws.
Isn’t that nice?
As Kobe said after the game, the official on the floor are not going to call a foul on a desperation three on the last shot of the game unless Kobe tackled Rubio.
But at least the league admitted its error. So there’s some transparency.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 11
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29