Mar 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
The NBA admitting it made a mistake matters about as much as you owning up to your boss that you made a big mistake — you get a nod of recognition but it doesn’t really change anything.
So let’s all give the NBA a nod for admitting that Kobe Bryant fouled Ricky Rubio on the final shot in the Lakers three-point win over the Timberwolves Sunday. Here is what the league said on its official officials site.
Ricky Rubio attempted a 3-point shot at the buzzer of the Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-117 win over the Timberwolves on March 27. Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled Rubio while Rubio was in his shooting motion. Rubio should have been awarded three free throws.
Isn’t that nice?
As Kobe said after the game, the official on the floor are not going to call a foul on a desperation three on the last shot of the game unless Kobe tackled Rubio.
But at least the league admitted its error. So there’s some transparency.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40