Mar 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
The NBA admitting it made a mistake matters about as much as you owning up to your boss that you made a big mistake — you get a nod of recognition but it doesn’t really change anything.
So let’s all give the NBA a nod for admitting that Kobe Bryant fouled Ricky Rubio on the final shot in the Lakers three-point win over the Timberwolves Sunday. Here is what the league said on its official officials site.
Ricky Rubio attempted a 3-point shot at the buzzer of the Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-117 win over the Timberwolves on March 27. Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled Rubio while Rubio was in his shooting motion. Rubio should have been awarded three free throws.
Isn’t that nice?
As Kobe said after the game, the official on the floor are not going to call a foul on a desperation three on the last shot of the game unless Kobe tackled Rubio.
But at least the league admitted its error. So there’s some transparency.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 4
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 19
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25