Mar 28, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
The NBA admitting it made a mistake matters about as much as you owning up to your boss that you made a big mistake — you get a nod of recognition but it doesn’t really change anything.
So let’s all give the NBA a nod for admitting that Kobe Bryant fouled Ricky Rubio on the final shot in the Lakers three-point win over the Timberwolves Sunday. Here is what the league said on its official officials site.
Ricky Rubio attempted a 3-point shot at the buzzer of the Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-117 win over the Timberwolves on March 27. Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled Rubio while Rubio was in his shooting motion. Rubio should have been awarded three free throws.
Isn’t that nice?
As Kobe said after the game, the official on the floor are not going to call a foul on a desperation three on the last shot of the game unless Kobe tackled Rubio.
But at least the league admitted its error. So there’s some transparency.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18