Mar 28, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT
It was revealed postgame that Bryant has a bone spur in his left foot that would require further examination when the team gets to Sacramento on Friday, according to multiple reports.
Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register has some additional details:
Kobe was putting various wraps around his left foot, with his shoe off, while on the bench in the fourth quarter, searching for relief.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 29, 2013
Bryant reportedly left the Bradley Center on a crutch.
While we’ll have to wait to see just how impactful Bryant’s latest ailment turns out to be, it’s just the latest in a long line of injuries the Lakers have had to endure with virtually every single one of the team’s key players this season.
Dwight Howard had to work his way back from offseason back surgery, and Steve Nash missed time with a fracture to his leg, and is now dealing with additional issues that kept him out of the lineup during the fourth quarter on Thursday.
Pau Gasol was out with a torn plantar fascia, and Steve Blake missed extended time with an abdominal injury. Bryant has already missed time with a severely sprained ankle, and Metta World peace is now out at least six weeks (i.e., for the rest of the season) with a knee injury.
If the bone spur that Bryant is dealing with turns out to be anything serious, it will be the final nail in the coffin of the playoff hopes of this Lakers team that has already done its best to overcome so much.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4