Mar 28, 2013, 11:39 PM EST
It was revealed postgame that Bryant has a bone spur in his left foot that would require further examination when the team gets to Sacramento on Friday, according to multiple reports.
Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register has some additional details:
Kobe was putting various wraps around his left foot, with his shoe off, while on the bench in the fourth quarter, searching for relief.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 29, 2013
Bryant reportedly left the Bradley Center on a crutch.
While we’ll have to wait to see just how impactful Bryant’s latest ailment turns out to be, it’s just the latest in a long line of injuries the Lakers have had to endure with virtually every single one of the team’s key players this season.
Dwight Howard had to work his way back from offseason back surgery, and Steve Nash missed time with a fracture to his leg, and is now dealing with additional issues that kept him out of the lineup during the fourth quarter on Thursday.
Pau Gasol was out with a torn plantar fascia, and Steve Blake missed extended time with an abdominal injury. Bryant has already missed time with a severely sprained ankle, and Metta World peace is now out at least six weeks (i.e., for the rest of the season) with a knee injury.
If the bone spur that Bryant is dealing with turns out to be anything serious, it will be the final nail in the coffin of the playoff hopes of this Lakers team that has already done its best to overcome so much.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 1
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29