Mar 28, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Doc Rivers said before the game Wednesday he liked how consistently aggressive Jeff Green had been lately for the Celtics — that was always the thing with Green. His talent was never the question, but he could just blend into the background. With the Celtics needing someone to step up lately, he has.
Including on this game-winning shot against the Cavaliers.
Oh, Cleveland helps out here. Walton starts out on Green but way off him, so he has too much ground to cover when he realizes his man is going to get the ball near the top of the arc. Then Walton just gets rubbed out on a Jason Terry pick. Tristan Thompson should switch on to Green but is completely spun around and is late, giving Green a lane.
Then Green hits the shot that caps a 21-6 run by the Celtics, which what they needed to get the win.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5