Mar 28, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
As Reggie Evans worked toward 22 points and 26 rebounds last night – getting those numbers while playing fewer minutes than anyone since at least 1985-86 – I just wanted to give him a high five for all his effort.
Deron Williams did. In the middle of a play.
The problem with that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, and the Nets were stuck with a bad shot. The awesome part of that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, but Williams still drove for a short shot.
Stars showboating by supporting their role-playing teammates might be my new favorite form of showboating.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11