Mar 28, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
As Reggie Evans worked toward 22 points and 26 rebounds last night – getting those numbers while playing fewer minutes than anyone since at least 1985-86 – I just wanted to give him a high five for all his effort.
Deron Williams did. In the middle of a play.
The problem with that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, and the Nets were stuck with a bad shot. The awesome part of that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, but Williams still drove for a short shot.
Stars showboating by supporting their role-playing teammates might be my new favorite form of showboating.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8