Mar 28, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
As Reggie Evans worked toward 22 points and 26 rebounds last night – getting those numbers while playing fewer minutes than anyone since at least 1985-86 – I just wanted to give him a high five for all his effort.
Deron Williams did. In the middle of a play.
The problem with that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, and the Nets were stuck with a bad shot. The awesome part of that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, but Williams still drove for a short shot.
Stars showboating by supporting their role-playing teammates might be my new favorite form of showboating.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36