Mar 28, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
As Reggie Evans worked toward 22 points and 26 rebounds last night – getting those numbers while playing fewer minutes than anyone since at least 1985-86 – I just wanted to give him a high five for all his effort.
Deron Williams did. In the middle of a play.
The problem with that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, and the Nets were stuck with a bad shot. The awesome part of that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, but Williams still drove for a short shot.
Stars showboating by supporting their role-playing teammates might be my new favorite form of showboating.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4