Mar 28, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
As Reggie Evans worked toward 22 points and 26 rebounds last night – getting those numbers while playing fewer minutes than anyone since at least 1985-86 – I just wanted to give him a high five for all his effort.
Deron Williams did. In the middle of a play.
The problem with that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, and the Nets were stuck with a bad shot. The awesome part of that type of showboating was once Evans returned inside and Williams actually started the play, the shot clock had run down, but Williams still drove for a short shot.
Stars showboating by supporting their role-playing teammates might be my new favorite form of showboating.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15