Mar 28, 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is the most exciting thing about the Pistons this season and is the most intriguing rookie in this class. He might have moved into the Rookie of the Year conversation except for two things:
1) Lawrence Frank inexplicably strangling his minutes so he could play more Jason Maxiell;
2) A stress fracture in his back discovered just before the All-Star break that has had Drummond out for 22 games.
But that could end on Friday, it looks like he will return, reports the Detroit Free Press.
But signs point to a Drummond return. He has been a full participant in practices for nearly two weeks and while he is fully healed, they want to make sure his conditioning is right so he doesn’t suffer another injury.
Don’t be surprised if he starts alongside Greg Monroe, who would move to power forward, although his minutes will gradually increase through the rest of the season.
Drummond and Monroe in the frontcourt is the future, something the Pistons can start to build around. Even if we’re only seeing that for 10 games it’s something the Pistons should do to start building chemistry.
And it would make the Pistons watchable again.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50