Mar 28, 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is the most exciting thing about the Pistons this season and is the most intriguing rookie in this class. He might have moved into the Rookie of the Year conversation except for two things:
1) Lawrence Frank inexplicably strangling his minutes so he could play more Jason Maxiell;
2) A stress fracture in his back discovered just before the All-Star break that has had Drummond out for 22 games.
But that could end on Friday, it looks like he will return, reports the Detroit Free Press.
But signs point to a Drummond return. He has been a full participant in practices for nearly two weeks and while he is fully healed, they want to make sure his conditioning is right so he doesn’t suffer another injury.
Don’t be surprised if he starts alongside Greg Monroe, who would move to power forward, although his minutes will gradually increase through the rest of the season.
Drummond and Monroe in the frontcourt is the future, something the Pistons can start to build around. Even if we’re only seeing that for 10 games it’s something the Pistons should do to start building chemistry.
And it would make the Pistons watchable again.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4