Mar 28, 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is the most exciting thing about the Pistons this season and is the most intriguing rookie in this class. He might have moved into the Rookie of the Year conversation except for two things:
1) Lawrence Frank inexplicably strangling his minutes so he could play more Jason Maxiell;
2) A stress fracture in his back discovered just before the All-Star break that has had Drummond out for 22 games.
But that could end on Friday, it looks like he will return, reports the Detroit Free Press.
But signs point to a Drummond return. He has been a full participant in practices for nearly two weeks and while he is fully healed, they want to make sure his conditioning is right so he doesn’t suffer another injury.
Don’t be surprised if he starts alongside Greg Monroe, who would move to power forward, although his minutes will gradually increase through the rest of the season.
Drummond and Monroe in the frontcourt is the future, something the Pistons can start to build around. Even if we’re only seeing that for 10 games it’s something the Pistons should do to start building chemistry.
And it would make the Pistons watchable again.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55