Mar 27, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
These were the final three plays of regulation from a dramatic game:
First Chris Paul drives around 6’7″ Shawn Marion then elevating and going over 6’8″ Elton Brand, off the glass and in for a bucket that put the Clippers up two. Paul scored the last 10 points for the Clippers in regulation, he was a beast (and finished with 33).
Then O.J. Mayo answered, going baseline on a drive, getting trapped, being patient, then overpowering Paul then hitting a lay-up coming from behind the backboard. It was a smart, patient play by Mayo.
Then comes the wildest play of them all — Matt Barnes inbounds after the Mayo make and throws the ball 80 feet to Blake Griffin who hits an incredible falling bucket to win the… wait, Griffin is called for the push-off. No basket and overtime. There was contact but Nowitzki sold that push and the ref was buying.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 1
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 8
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21