Mar 27, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
These were the final three plays of regulation from a dramatic game:
First Chris Paul drives around 6’7″ Shawn Marion then elevating and going over 6’8″ Elton Brand, off the glass and in for a bucket that put the Clippers up two. Paul scored the last 10 points for the Clippers in regulation, he was a beast (and finished with 33).
Then O.J. Mayo answered, going baseline on a drive, getting trapped, being patient, then overpowering Paul then hitting a lay-up coming from behind the backboard. It was a smart, patient play by Mayo.
Then comes the wildest play of them all — Matt Barnes inbounds after the Mayo make and throws the ball 80 feet to Blake Griffin who hits an incredible falling bucket to win the… wait, Griffin is called for the push-off. No basket and overtime. There was contact but Nowitzki sold that push and the ref was buying.
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 0
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 4
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 14
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63