Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
When Phil Jackson would speak — before a game, after, in a separate interview — everyone read between the lines looking for his real meaning.
Now we’re all going to do the same thing 140 characters at a time.
Phil Jackson has joined twitter. And in a few hours had almost 75,000 followers.
And his first tweet was….
11 champ;ipnsikp[ ringhs—
Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) March 27, 2013
Which led to a great response from Kurt Rambis:
In case you didn’t know Phil had 11 rings that’s his avatar. And the background of his page.
You don’t have to look too hard to read between the lines and know why Jackson is on twitter. Just look at the top of his twitter page: A link to his new book “Eleven Rings.” Not so coincidentally it comes out later this year. Jackson knows he has to do a media push with this and twitter is a quick and easy way to do that.
Nonetheless, my guess is this is not the last post we will do on a Jackson tweet.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13