Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
When Phil Jackson would speak — before a game, after, in a separate interview — everyone read between the lines looking for his real meaning.
Now we’re all going to do the same thing 140 characters at a time.
Phil Jackson has joined twitter. And in a few hours had almost 75,000 followers.
And his first tweet was….
Which led to a great response from Kurt Rambis:
In case you didn’t know Phil had 11 rings that’s his avatar. And the background of his page.
You don’t have to look too hard to read between the lines and know why Jackson is on twitter. Just look at the top of his twitter page: A link to his new book “Eleven Rings.” Not so coincidentally it comes out later this year. Jackson knows he has to do a media push with this and twitter is a quick and easy way to do that.
Nonetheless, my guess is this is not the last post we will do on a Jackson tweet.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7