Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
When Phil Jackson would speak — before a game, after, in a separate interview — everyone read between the lines looking for his real meaning.
Now we’re all going to do the same thing 140 characters at a time.
Phil Jackson has joined twitter. And in a few hours had almost 75,000 followers.
And his first tweet was….
Which led to a great response from Kurt Rambis:
In case you didn’t know Phil had 11 rings that’s his avatar. And the background of his page.
You don’t have to look too hard to read between the lines and know why Jackson is on twitter. Just look at the top of his twitter page: A link to his new book “Eleven Rings.” Not so coincidentally it comes out later this year. Jackson knows he has to do a media push with this and twitter is a quick and easy way to do that.
Nonetheless, my guess is this is not the last post we will do on a Jackson tweet.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58