Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
When Phil Jackson would speak — before a game, after, in a separate interview — everyone read between the lines looking for his real meaning.
Now we’re all going to do the same thing 140 characters at a time.
Phil Jackson has joined twitter. And in a few hours had almost 75,000 followers.
And his first tweet was….
11 champ;ipnsikp[ ringhs—
Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) March 27, 2013
Which led to a great response from Kurt Rambis:
In case you didn’t know Phil had 11 rings that’s his avatar. And the background of his page.
You don’t have to look too hard to read between the lines and know why Jackson is on twitter. Just look at the top of his twitter page: A link to his new book “Eleven Rings.” Not so coincidentally it comes out later this year. Jackson knows he has to do a media push with this and twitter is a quick and easy way to do that.
Nonetheless, my guess is this is not the last post we will do on a Jackson tweet.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)