Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
When Phil Jackson would speak — before a game, after, in a separate interview — everyone read between the lines looking for his real meaning.
Now we’re all going to do the same thing 140 characters at a time.
Phil Jackson has joined twitter. And in a few hours had almost 75,000 followers.
And his first tweet was….
11 champ;ipnsikp[ ringhs—
Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) March 27, 2013
Which led to a great response from Kurt Rambis:
In case you didn’t know Phil had 11 rings that’s his avatar. And the background of his page.
You don’t have to look too hard to read between the lines and know why Jackson is on twitter. Just look at the top of his twitter page: A link to his new book “Eleven Rings.” Not so coincidentally it comes out later this year. Jackson knows he has to do a media push with this and twitter is a quick and easy way to do that.
Nonetheless, my guess is this is not the last post we will do on a Jackson tweet.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22