Mar 27, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Joe Johnson (quadriceps) will miss the Nets game at Portland tonight and maybe Brooklyn’s three games after that, according to Tim Bontemps of the New York Post. Johnson didn’t play in the Nets win over the Suns on Sunday, either.
At this point in the season, it’s tough to differentiate between significant injuries and injuries treated extra seriously by teams in the playoffs (in preparation for the post-season), teams out of the playoffs (in preparation for next season) and upcoming free agents (in preparation for the off-season).
The Nets are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, separated by 2.5 games in either direction, so they should be extra cautious with injuries – especially for starters averaging 16.4 points per game and especially for 31-year-olds owed nearly $70 million the next three years.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42