Mar 27, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Joe Johnson (quadriceps) will miss the Nets game at Portland tonight and maybe Brooklyn’s three games after that, according to Tim Bontemps of the New York Post. Johnson didn’t play in the Nets win over the Suns on Sunday, either.
At this point in the season, it’s tough to differentiate between significant injuries and injuries treated extra seriously by teams in the playoffs (in preparation for the post-season), teams out of the playoffs (in preparation for next season) and upcoming free agents (in preparation for the off-season).
The Nets are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, separated by 2.5 games in either direction, so they should be extra cautious with injuries – especially for starters averaging 16.4 points per game and especially for 31-year-olds owed nearly $70 million the next three years.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 9
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5