Mar 27, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Joe Johnson (quadriceps) will miss the Nets game at Portland tonight and maybe Brooklyn’s three games after that, according to Tim Bontemps of the New York Post. Johnson didn’t play in the Nets win over the Suns on Sunday, either.
At this point in the season, it’s tough to differentiate between significant injuries and injuries treated extra seriously by teams in the playoffs (in preparation for the post-season), teams out of the playoffs (in preparation for next season) and upcoming free agents (in preparation for the off-season).
The Nets are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, separated by 2.5 games in either direction, so they should be extra cautious with injuries – especially for starters averaging 16.4 points per game and especially for 31-year-olds owed nearly $70 million the next three years.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8