Mar 27, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Joe Johnson (quadriceps) will miss the Nets game at Portland tonight and maybe Brooklyn’s three games after that, according to Tim Bontemps of the New York Post. Johnson didn’t play in the Nets win over the Suns on Sunday, either.
At this point in the season, it’s tough to differentiate between significant injuries and injuries treated extra seriously by teams in the playoffs (in preparation for the post-season), teams out of the playoffs (in preparation for next season) and upcoming free agents (in preparation for the off-season).
The Nets are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, separated by 2.5 games in either direction, so they should be extra cautious with injuries – especially for starters averaging 16.4 points per game and especially for 31-year-olds owed nearly $70 million the next three years.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64