Mar 27, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Joe Johnson (quadriceps) will miss the Nets game at Portland tonight and maybe Brooklyn’s three games after that, according to Tim Bontemps of the New York Post. Johnson didn’t play in the Nets win over the Suns on Sunday, either.
At this point in the season, it’s tough to differentiate between significant injuries and injuries treated extra seriously by teams in the playoffs (in preparation for the post-season), teams out of the playoffs (in preparation for next season) and upcoming free agents (in preparation for the off-season).
The Nets are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, separated by 2.5 games in either direction, so they should be extra cautious with injuries – especially for starters averaging 16.4 points per game and especially for 31-year-olds owed nearly $70 million the next three years.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 1
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15