Mar 27, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Dwight Howard wasn’t at all pleased with David Lee following the Lakers’ loss to the Warriors on Monday, and it’s because of a play from Lee (seen in the video clip above) that caused Howard some discomfort.
Howard was on the receiving end of an elbow from Lee, and to add insult to the injury, only Howard was whistled for the foul on the play. He received a technical foul on top of that for his comments to Lee and the officials afterward, but days later, the league office has attempted to correct that mistake.
David Lee’s elbow that led to three stitches in Dwight’s mouth has resulted in NBA assessing retroactive flagrant-1 on Lee.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 28, 2013
This does nobody any good, of course, except to add a point to the total Lee has for the season, which is tracked by the league and can result in a suspension if that number reaches a certain threshold.
It’ll be interesting to see if Howard is satisfied with the league’s recognition of Lee’s act. He went on record after the game saying he’d “remember” the elbow from Lee, but considering the fact that this went down late in the first half, Howard had plenty of time left in this very game to retaliate if that was something he felt like he needed to do.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38