Mar 27, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Dwight Howard wasn’t at all pleased with David Lee following the Lakers’ loss to the Warriors on Monday, and it’s because of a play from Lee (seen in the video clip above) that caused Howard some discomfort.
Howard was on the receiving end of an elbow from Lee, and to add insult to the injury, only Howard was whistled for the foul on the play. He received a technical foul on top of that for his comments to Lee and the officials afterward, but days later, the league office has attempted to correct that mistake.
David Lee’s elbow that led to three stitches in Dwight’s mouth has resulted in NBA assessing retroactive flagrant-1 on Lee.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 28, 2013
This does nobody any good, of course, except to add a point to the total Lee has for the season, which is tracked by the league and can result in a suspension if that number reaches a certain threshold.
It’ll be interesting to see if Howard is satisfied with the league’s recognition of Lee’s act. He went on record after the game saying he’d “remember” the elbow from Lee, but considering the fact that this went down late in the first half, Howard had plenty of time left in this very game to retaliate if that was something he felt like he needed to do.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17