Mar 27, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
Dwight Howard wasn’t at all pleased with David Lee following the Lakers’ loss to the Warriors on Monday, and it’s because of a play from Lee (seen in the video clip above) that caused Howard some discomfort.
Howard was on the receiving end of an elbow from Lee, and to add insult to the injury, only Howard was whistled for the foul on the play. He received a technical foul on top of that for his comments to Lee and the officials afterward, but days later, the league office has attempted to correct that mistake.
David Lee’s elbow that led to three stitches in Dwight’s mouth has resulted in NBA assessing retroactive flagrant-1 on Lee.
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 28, 2013
This does nobody any good, of course, except to add a point to the total Lee has for the season, which is tracked by the league and can result in a suspension if that number reaches a certain threshold.
It’ll be interesting to see if Howard is satisfied with the league’s recognition of Lee’s act. He went on record after the game saying he’d “remember” the elbow from Lee, but considering the fact that this went down late in the first half, Howard had plenty of time left in this very game to retaliate if that was something he felt like he needed to do.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13