Mar 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome to PBT’s roundup of yesterday’s NBA games. Or, what you missed while imagining playing video games at the urinal….
Mavericks 109, Clippers 102 (OT): Chris Paul did his best to lift the Clippers — 33 points on 15 shots, including scoring the team’s last 10 points in regulation. But it wasn’t enough and he didn’t get enough help. Dirk Nowitzki did — he had 33 points and 8 in overtime. We’ve got all the details on this on in our game of the night breakdown.
Knicks 100, Celtics 85: These are two teams headed in opposite directions — this was the fifth straight win for the Knicks and the fifth straight loss for the Celtics.
Kevin Garnett was out again for Boston (as he will be for a couple weeks most likely), and when he’s out the Celtics defense isn’t the same. The result was J.R. Smith dropping 32, Carmelo Antony dropping 29 plus 8 rebounds. This game was tight until midway through the second quarter when the Knicks went on a 14-0 run. Boston just never was able to close that gap.
Timberwolves 105, Pistons 82: Minnesota hasn’t had many laugher wins where the starters sat the entire fourth quarter this season, so they should enjoy this one. Minnesota led much of the game but it wasn’t until a 19-2 run to close out the third that the Timberwolves really pulled away and got the win. J.J. Barea had 21 points (including hitting 5-of-7 from three) and Nikola Pekovic added 18 points and 11 rebounds. For once the three ball fell for Minnesota (they shot 53.8 percent on the night from deep) and that fueled the win.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18