Suspension over, Hedo Turkoglu can return to Magic

Mar 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EST

Orlando Magic v Dallas Mavericks Getty Images

Well, this should solve everything.

Hedo Turkoglu can return to the Magic Wednesday night against the Bobcats following his 20 game suspension for testing positive for methenolone, an anabolic steroid.

Turkoglu said at the time of the suspension that he was given the drug back in his native Turkey last summer by a trainer, that he didn’t know what it was. You can decide for yourself what you think of that. The Magic backed him up on that reasoning. Because teams pretty much always back their players.

His return isn’t really going to help Orlando. Turkoglu has missed all but 11 games due to a broken hand (suffered in the season opener) and back problems, and he did get on the court he has averaged just 2.9 points, 2.1 assists and 2.4 rebounds per game.

At this point in the season, the Magic should be giving their heavy minutes to their good young players such as Tobias Harris and Nikola Vucevic. Turkoglu will be an afterthought.

1. qpoiu1 - Mar 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM

best contract in the NBA

2. 00maltliquor - Mar 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM

oh joy

3. asimonetti88 - Mar 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM

4. trbowman - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

“Turkoglu said at the time of the suspension that he was given the drug back in his native Turkey last summer by a trainer, that he didn’t know what it was”

Bull. That’s become the go to saying for any athlete caught with a PED.

Look at how popular amphetamines have become in the NFL. Yet these athletes still claim they didn’t know what they were taking. Joke.

5. bifford - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM

The Magic are about to close the season on a 10-0 run now!

6. trbowman - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM

To be fair – it does seem like quite a lot of people take meds where they don’t even know what the damn thing does. I don’t consider these athletes used PEDs to be part of that group, but it does happen – too much

Especially with seniors who take a plethora of meds. I’ll use my own mother as an example. She’s on a boatload of meds. To my elderly mother Enalapril is “the round pink pill that’s for something,” not the 10 mg of ACE Inhibitor it is to me. My mother doesn’t drive, so guess who drives her to her doctor appointments and fills out what meds she’s on? Here’s a hint – it ain’t her.

Also consider the majority of people who get scripts for Ritalin or amphetamines. They’re soccer moms with IQs lower than their BMIs. Then they come back bitching – “Doc, I gave my little Billy this Dexedrine thingy and he started acting really weird! What the hell!!!” I guess amphetamines have the bonus that parents and teachers don’t have to pop as many tranquilizers to get through their own damn days. At least little Billy finally shut up and did his damn homework without a fuss.

Phew, I went off on a tangent there – but you get the idea.

• badintent - Mar 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM

get a homecare nurse, she might save your mother.s life. Too many seniors are going to the ER becuase of overdosing on too many pills, not taking them when they are suppposed to and mixing them with booze.

7. trbowman - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM

To be fair – it does seem like quite a lot of people take meds where they don’t even know what the flaming thing does. I don’t consider these athletes using PEDs to be part of that group, but it does happen – too much

Also consider the majority of people who get scripts for Ritalin or amphetamines. They’re soccer moms with IQs lower than their BMIs. Then they come back complaining – “Doc, I gave my little Billy this Dexedrine thingy and he started acting really weird! What the hell!!!” I guess amphetamines have the bonus that parents and teachers don’t have to pop as many tranquilizers to get through their own flaming days. At least little Billy finally shut up and did his flaming homework without a fuss.

Phew, I went off on a tangent there – but you get the idea.

8. dirtydavis - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Finally the heart and soul is back with his team

9. raidmagic - Mar 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Yep all problems solved!!! **whew**

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches