Mar 26, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Shane Battier was on the 2008 Rockets team that won 22 games in a row and is now on the Heat team that is up to 27 and is chasing history.
Battier was on the Dan Patrick radio show Monday, and you can listen above to 2:41 of Florida Gulf Coast NCAA talk or fast forward straight to the Miami Heat talk if you want. Battier focuses on team chemistry and how the team is about the process and not flipping the switch — but LeBron James can pretty much do that if he wants.
Just some more perspective on the Heat’s run at legacy — this streak with a title at the end of it will put this team in the discussion of the NBA’s great teams.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41