Mar 26, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Shane Battier was on the 2008 Rockets team that won 22 games in a row and is now on the Heat team that is up to 27 and is chasing history.
Battier was on the Dan Patrick radio show Monday, and you can listen above to 2:41 of Florida Gulf Coast NCAA talk or fast forward straight to the Miami Heat talk if you want. Battier focuses on team chemistry and how the team is about the process and not flipping the switch — but LeBron James can pretty much do that if he wants.
Just some more perspective on the Heat’s run at legacy — this streak with a title at the end of it will put this team in the discussion of the NBA’s great teams.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11