Mar 26, 2013, 1:19 PM EST
Shane Battier was on the 2008 Rockets team that won 22 games in a row and is now on the Heat team that is up to 27 and is chasing history.
Battier was on the Dan Patrick radio show Monday, and you can listen above to 2:41 of Florida Gulf Coast NCAA talk or fast forward straight to the Miami Heat talk if you want. Battier focuses on team chemistry and how the team is about the process and not flipping the switch — but LeBron James can pretty much do that if he wants.
Just some more perspective on the Heat’s run at legacy — this streak with a title at the end of it will put this team in the discussion of the NBA’s great teams.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 4
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 39
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22