Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Guys, let me say on behalf of every woman I’ve ever heard speak on this topic — don’t propose to your girlfriend at the game. That’s your idea of a romantic fantasy, not hers. The whole thing is almost a bad cliché at this point.
That said, this one was at least pretty creative. This guy Monday night at the Magic game got the team in on it, got her to walk out to take a half-court shot, then when she missed and didn’t win the $1,000 he was there to propose as a consolation prize. Isn’t that clever.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for both finding this and asking the first question that popped into my head — what if she had made the shot? Now that I would have paid to see.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17