Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Guys, let me say on behalf of every woman I’ve ever heard speak on this topic — don’t propose to your girlfriend at the game. That’s your idea of a romantic fantasy, not hers. The whole thing is almost a bad cliché at this point.
That said, this one was at least pretty creative. This guy Monday night at the Magic game got the team in on it, got her to walk out to take a half-court shot, then when she missed and didn’t win the $1,000 he was there to propose as a consolation prize. Isn’t that clever.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for both finding this and asking the first question that popped into my head — what if she had made the shot? Now that I would have paid to see.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17