Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Guys, let me say on behalf of every woman I’ve ever heard speak on this topic — don’t propose to your girlfriend at the game. That’s your idea of a romantic fantasy, not hers. The whole thing is almost a bad cliché at this point.
That said, this one was at least pretty creative. This guy Monday night at the Magic game got the team in on it, got her to walk out to take a half-court shot, then when she missed and didn’t win the $1,000 he was there to propose as a consolation prize. Isn’t that clever.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for both finding this and asking the first question that popped into my head — what if she had made the shot? Now that I would have paid to see.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43