Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Guys, let me say on behalf of every woman I’ve ever heard speak on this topic — don’t propose to your girlfriend at the game. That’s your idea of a romantic fantasy, not hers. The whole thing is almost a bad cliché at this point.
That said, this one was at least pretty creative. This guy Monday night at the Magic game got the team in on it, got her to walk out to take a half-court shot, then when she missed and didn’t win the $1,000 he was there to propose as a consolation prize. Isn’t that clever.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for both finding this and asking the first question that popped into my head — what if she had made the shot? Now that I would have paid to see.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34