Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Guys, let me say on behalf of every woman I’ve ever heard speak on this topic — don’t propose to your girlfriend at the game. That’s your idea of a romantic fantasy, not hers. The whole thing is almost a bad cliché at this point.
That said, this one was at least pretty creative. This guy Monday night at the Magic game got the team in on it, got her to walk out to take a half-court shot, then when she missed and didn’t win the $1,000 he was there to propose as a consolation prize. Isn’t that clever.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for both finding this and asking the first question that popped into my head — what if she had made the shot? Now that I would have paid to see.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13