Mar 26, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
Your soon-to-be NBA Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard was on NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover Tuesday (with Michelle Beadle and Dave Briggs, you’ll be able to tell them apart in the video) to talk about his one great weakness — a fear of historical statues. Seriously. Which is odd and interesting but difficult to use against him in games. (Insert your own “Kurt Thomas is a historic statue” joke here.)
Also he talks about why he tweets rap lyrics. Oh, and a little hoops. Plus his to-be-praised involvement in an anti-bullying campaign.
Lillard is a good guy, a good fit in the Portland community. He’s a good sport in this interview, too.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 2
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 17
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30