Mar 25, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
We could pretty much put Kevin Durant or LeBron James on this list anytime they play, they are the two best players walking the planet right now. It would get boring to list them every night, so we look around. But sometimes we just need to acknowledge in this space these guys are special. Oh, and you can’t stop Goran Dragic… or at least the Nets couldn’t.
Third Star: Kevin Durant (24 points, 10 rebounds)
This was a very business-like night for Durant. He took 17 shots, was knocking down threes, grabbing boards and just generally being efficient. His accomplishments this season — he’s on pace to shoot 50 percent from the floor overall, 40 percent from three and 90 percent from the free throw line. He is having one amazing season.
Second Star: Goran Dragic (31 points, 12 assists, 9 rebounds)
The Suns had a chance in this one because of Dragic, who was setting guys up and making plays for three quarters, then put up 11 points in the fourth in the quarter when he and Deron Williams were driving their teams toward the finish. Williams came out on top but Dragic showed why he’s the highest paid player on the Suns roster ($7.5 million this season and the next two at that same rate).
First Star: LeBron James (32 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists)
No Dwyane Wade, so he was going to have to take on more of the offense. After a slow few minutes he realized he was playing the Bobcats and just took over the game doing whatever he wanted, running the pick and roll with Chris Andersen or just throwing down dunks. The Bobcats were largely helpless against him. LeBron would have had a triple double except he was getting some rest for the final 8 minutes of a Heat blowout. One man can’t win a basketball game, but this was as close to that as you’re going to get for a stretch.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4