Mar 25, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Just four days ago, Kurt wrote, “The saga of Royce White likely ends for this season this way — him on a practice floor in Houston working out, not on the Rockets active roster, not on any roster.” But the saga of Royce White has not ended this season. The latest turn, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Houston Rockets rookie Royce White is reporting back to Rio Grande Valley of D-League and could play on Tuesday, sources tell Y! Sports.
White left without organization’s permission last week, stated he was preparing for next season in Houston, but will return to D-League.
When White left Rio Grande, he tweeted “Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season,” and he further explained his reasoning in a CNN interview:
“One of the things that is always needed with anxiety or people that deal with anxiety or OCD is routine and normalcy and a sense of comfortability,” White said.
From the outside, this whole situation has been uncomfortable. It’s uncomfortable to know White isn’t showcasing his talent for a reason so difficult to grasp from the outside. It’s uncomfortable to watch the Rockets fail to get on the same page as their first-round pick. It’s uncomfortable to hear from White how unprepared the NBA is to deal with mental illness.
I can’t even imagine how uncomfortable this has been for those involved, especially White.
Unfortunately, I suspect – given White claiming a team doctor advised him and the Rockets claiming White didn’t have permission – their relationship is getting even more uncomfortable.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9