Mar 25, 2013, 3:39 PM EST
One might say the Wizards, who started the season
40-12 and 4-28, were a bit of a circus.
One probably shouldn’t say that to Washington coach Randy Wittman, though.
Coach Randy Wittman just went ballistic on a local TV reporter comparing franchise to a circus
The exact question: “the circus was here this past weekend. Is it a relief to u that this is no longer a circus?”
Wittman: “You didnt seriously just ask me that question, about the (expletive) circus being in town? Are you (expletive) me?
Wittman (cont): “You called this organization a circus at one time. So Im not going to answer that question….”
“I’m part of the damn circus. It’s not a circus around here…. I don’t want to hear that no more. That’s disrespectful”
Wizards people: I phrashed a poor question to Randy Wittman and he let me have it. We shot the [s***] about it 20 minutes later. No big deal
Was looking for one of his “voodoo” answers. Caught him at the wrong time. He’s the man and I didn’t mean any disrespect. We’re cool
To be fair to Jones, he did say the Wizards, who are 20-16 with John Wall, are “no longer a circus,” and Wittman can have a sense of humor at times. But, by nature, NBA coaches tend to be overly sensitive and gruff, and it’s usually best not to poke fun at the job of someone who takes his profession very seriously.
In the end, this is no big deal. Jones probably asked a poor question. Wittman probably overreacted. It sounds like both have both moved on.
The real winners are us, who got to read Wittman’s entertaining answer. We’ll really win, though, once we see video.
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 20
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 30
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 9
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (42)