Mar 25, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love fried chicken and waffles….
• I know what T-shirt Luke Walton will be wearing all summer — Sportiqe and the NBA have teamed up to make Grateful Dead NBA T-shirts for a number of teams. To the right, you see the Clippers one but there are Lakers, Heat, Celtics and others. My guess is every guy you see wearing this shirt will have a “touch of grey.”
• Are the Denver Nuggets serious contenders to come out of the West? They would be an unconventional contender but Rob Mahoney at Sports Illustrated won’t rule it out.
• One of the reasons the Nuggets are succeeding (and may be contenders) is they are still getting it done in the paint.
• Speaking of Denver, here is a Q&A with Corey Brewer.
• At the end of games you can defend the Lakers because their offense is predictable — Kobe Bryant isolation, or maybe he’ll get a high pick set. If the Lakers want to have more success at the end of games they need to find more balance (something our own Darius Soriano pointed out).
• A lot of casual basketball fans think this Spurs team is the same as the last few — regular season beasts who are not as big a threat in the playoffs. That, of course, ignores they went to the conference finals last year. Or that thanks to their defense they are better this year.
• Miami’s LeBron James and the Houston’s James Harden are last week’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. LeBron averaged 30.8 points (on 59 percent shooting), 10 assists, 8.8 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game as the Heat have not lost since Woodrow Wilson was president. Or something close to that. Harden averaged 26 points, 4 rebounds and 3.7 assists as the Rockets went undefeated and created a little space between themselves and the eight seed Lakers.
• Spencer Hawes is a Seattle native who played at the University of Washington, so when he was in Sacramento and was asked about the Kings maybe moving back to Seattle, what did you think he would say? Kings fans booed him all night long Sunday.
• Because Michael Jordan remains one of the most marketable NBA names, Upper Deck trading cars has released a new Michael Jordan University of North Carolina Master Collection set. There are a limited number and they included signed hard cards.
• Where do high school All-Star players come from, and where so they go to school? Your answers in a pretty picture.
• Finally, we end with Anthony Davis‘ talking unibrow (in an ad):
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 2
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 8
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18