Mar 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Tiago Splitter ends up on the wrong end of a lot of dunks. Which means he’s a guy defending the rim who doesn’t shirk away from his duties. That’s admirable.
But he still gets dunked on a lot, which is what happened with Greg Smith on Sunday. The Rockets’ Smith was open at the elbow to take the pass, roll to the rim and throw it all down with authority. The Spurs’ Splitter tried to make the play. And here we are.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 6
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)