Mar 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Tiago Splitter ends up on the wrong end of a lot of dunks. Which means he’s a guy defending the rim who doesn’t shirk away from his duties. That’s admirable.
But he still gets dunked on a lot, which is what happened with Greg Smith on Sunday. The Rockets’ Smith was open at the elbow to take the pass, roll to the rim and throw it all down with authority. The Spurs’ Splitter tried to make the play. And here we are.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14