Mar 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Tiago Splitter ends up on the wrong end of a lot of dunks. Which means he’s a guy defending the rim who doesn’t shirk away from his duties. That’s admirable.
But he still gets dunked on a lot, which is what happened with Greg Smith on Sunday. The Rockets’ Smith was open at the elbow to take the pass, roll to the rim and throw it all down with authority. The Spurs’ Splitter tried to make the play. And here we are.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7