Mar 25, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are focused on the playoffs and being healthy now, not the 26-game winning streak… plus if you’re going to rest a guy against the two worst teams in the league is the time to do it.
This is to rest what is described as a sore knee, and while it is sore it’s something he could play through if he had to. But the Heat want to get guys rested and right come the playoffs, and it makes sense to rest Wade on this back-to-back. Look for Mike Miller to get the start again.
Orlando is banged up, too. Leading scorer Arron Afflalo is out for the season with a hamstring injury and promising young big man Nikola Vucevic will be out due to a concussion. Still this is the second night of a back-to-back for the Heat, playing against a team Miami will not be overly motivate for… maybe.
Except the Heat still have LeBron James, and that can trump everything else in this case.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9