Mar 25, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are focused on the playoffs and being healthy now, not the 26-game winning streak… plus if you’re going to rest a guy against the two worst teams in the league is the time to do it.
This is to rest what is described as a sore knee, and while it is sore it’s something he could play through if he had to. But the Heat want to get guys rested and right come the playoffs, and it makes sense to rest Wade on this back-to-back. Look for Mike Miller to get the start again.
Orlando is banged up, too. Leading scorer Arron Afflalo is out for the season with a hamstring injury and promising young big man Nikola Vucevic will be out due to a concussion. Still this is the second night of a back-to-back for the Heat, playing against a team Miami will not be overly motivate for… maybe.
Except the Heat still have LeBron James, and that can trump everything else in this case.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37