Mar 25, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
The Miami Heat are focused on the playoffs and being healthy now, not the 26-game winning streak… plus if you’re going to rest a guy against the two worst teams in the league is the time to do it.
This is to rest what is described as a sore knee, and while it is sore it’s something he could play through if he had to. But the Heat want to get guys rested and right come the playoffs, and it makes sense to rest Wade on this back-to-back. Look for Mike Miller to get the start again.
Orlando is banged up, too. Leading scorer Arron Afflalo is out for the season with a hamstring injury and promising young big man Nikola Vucevic will be out due to a concussion. Still this is the second night of a back-to-back for the Heat, playing against a team Miami will not be overly motivate for… maybe.
Except the Heat still have LeBron James, and that can trump everything else in this case.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (45)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)