Mar 25, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are focused on the playoffs and being healthy now, not the 26-game winning streak… plus if you’re going to rest a guy against the two worst teams in the league is the time to do it.
This is to rest what is described as a sore knee, and while it is sore it’s something he could play through if he had to. But the Heat want to get guys rested and right come the playoffs, and it makes sense to rest Wade on this back-to-back. Look for Mike Miller to get the start again.
Orlando is banged up, too. Leading scorer Arron Afflalo is out for the season with a hamstring injury and promising young big man Nikola Vucevic will be out due to a concussion. Still this is the second night of a back-to-back for the Heat, playing against a team Miami will not be overly motivate for… maybe.
Except the Heat still have LeBron James, and that can trump everything else in this case.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10