Mar 25, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are focused on the playoffs and being healthy now, not the 26-game winning streak… plus if you’re going to rest a guy against the two worst teams in the league is the time to do it.
This is to rest what is described as a sore knee, and while it is sore it’s something he could play through if he had to. But the Heat want to get guys rested and right come the playoffs, and it makes sense to rest Wade on this back-to-back. Look for Mike Miller to get the start again.
Orlando is banged up, too. Leading scorer Arron Afflalo is out for the season with a hamstring injury and promising young big man Nikola Vucevic will be out due to a concussion. Still this is the second night of a back-to-back for the Heat, playing against a team Miami will not be overly motivate for… maybe.
Except the Heat still have LeBron James, and that can trump everything else in this case.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34