Mar 25, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
While Dwyane Wade was proving himself the best player on a championship team during the 2006 NBA Finals – better than even Shaquille O’Neal – a sizable group of detractors were bemoaning Wade getting every foul call in his favor.
Apparently, Chris Kaman was in that group. Kaman on BaD Radio 104.1 FM The Ticket, as transcribed by The Dallas Morning News:
I’m not much of a Dwyane Wade fan, but I’m a LeBron James fan. I’ve been watching him play, and we were in the same draft together. He’s had a great career already. I don’t want him to win everything, but I’m ok with the winning streak. I’m not against it or really for it. I just never really go along with (Dwyane Wade). I guess I just don’t like his style or whatever. I didn’t like the year the Mavs lost when he got all the foul calls. I didn’t like that.”
That will surely endear Kaman to Mavericks fans who still complain about Wade’s 16.2 free-throw attempts per game in the 2006 Finals. But Kaman, a free agent this summer, probably isn’t long for Dallas, and his potential destinations might have just shrunk by one. The Heat will probably look to add a center this summer, though it’s very difficult now to see Kaman as a fit.
Kaman, who’s always come across as willing to speak his mind, probably won’t regret the tradeoff – just as I’m sure Wade won’t apologize for how he won the Finals MVP.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49