Chris Kaman: ‘I’m not much of a Dwyane Wade fan’

Mar 25, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT

Miami Heat v Dallas Mavericks Getty Images

While Dwyane Wade was proving himself the best player on a championship team during the 2006 NBA Finals – better than even Shaquille O’Neal – a sizable group of detractors were bemoaning Wade getting every foul call in his favor.

Apparently, Chris Kaman was in that group. Kaman on BaD Radio 104.1 FM The Ticket, as transcribed by The Dallas Morning News:

I’m not much of a Dwyane Wade fan, but I’m a LeBron James fan. I’ve been watching him play, and we were in the same draft together. He’s had a great career already. I don’t want him to win everything, but I’m ok with the winning streak. I’m not against it or really for it. I just never really go along with (Dwyane Wade). I guess I just don’t like his style or whatever. I didn’t like the year the Mavs lost when he got all the foul calls. I didn’t like that.”

That will surely endear Kaman to Mavericks fans who still complain about Wade’s 16.2 free-throw attempts per game in the 2006 Finals. But Kaman, a free agent this summer, probably isn’t long for Dallas, and his potential destinations might have just shrunk by one. The Heat will probably look to add a center this summer, though it’s very difficult now to see Kaman as a fit.

Kaman, who’s always come across as willing to speak his mind, probably won’t regret the tradeoff – just as I’m sure Wade won’t apologize for how he won the Finals MVP.

1. progress2011 - Mar 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I’m sure DWade’s feeling are hurt. He may not sleep for several nights…….OR

He might just seek Kaman out to put him in a poster…..ahahaha

• aboogy123456 - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

you sound like a drunkard in all your posts.

• progress2011 - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

“aboogy…..”

Based on your screen name, you sound like an adolescent child, afraid something is under the bed, that just learned to count to 6…..Let us know when you make it to 10.

Furthermore, you typically don’t have FACTUAL rebuttals to my FACTS I so eloquently provide to you minions….You only have personal attacks with no substance.

Since I know you are still an adolescent child, I won’t destroy your future by bashing you in the present…..say Thank You.

• spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

@aboogy
        I don’t know if he is a drunk but he is 1 annoying A$$ “TROLL”!!!! Just Saying!!!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

i really think he is a kid…maybe 19 at tops…OR…a guy with not a whole lot going on living in a basement…he is a mystery.

• daydreamer3075 - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I agree. Progress takes the cake for most consistently idiotic posts–that’s quite an accomplishment on PBT.

Cheers :)

• reesesteel23 - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Progress….why do folks jump down your throat so much?….

‘whenkeepingitrealgoeswrong’ is the only thing I can come up with….

• spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

It’s simple and like I stated in my previous post. Hence the annoying “TROLL” part of my previous post. I thought I made it pretty clear why I don’t like him!!!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM

oh hey…reesesteel23, welcome to PBT, my friend! there are a lot of wonderful, wild, colorful characters here. hope you enjoy the stay! (holy crap, dude….really? if you gotta ask that…then you have not been here long…SMH)

2. Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Don’t worry, Chris. Most non-Heat (fake) fans aren’t either.

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Well said

3. Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Refs cheated for Miami in the ’06 Finals, and throughout the ’12 Playoffs*

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM

And my kid can beat up your kid.

• leahcima1 - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Any fool (and I’m sure Mr. Wright 212 qualifies) knows the Heat suck and the only reason they have the best record in the NBA is because the refs are cheaters and Stern wants them to win more than any other team. You have to be blind not to see it.

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I assume you are one of the “Any fool knows the Heat suck”.

4. DonRSD - Mar 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Chris who lol
    Nobody cares about anything this guy has ever said. He may make sports center now because he has Wade’s scrotum in his mouth.

Non news.

LET’S GO HEAT!!!

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Pfft!! The Heat would love to have Chris Kaman. Chris Kaman is a top ten(active) Center

• kinggw - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Kaman isnt a top ten center and I doubt the Heat want him. He’s not a good rebounder or defender and thats what the Heat look for in their 5’s. Birdman is a much better addition than Kaman.

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

@kinggw… What are you talking about son? Birdman is a coke head with a weird lust for children, Joel Anthony enough said. Name 10 other CENTERS better than Chris Kaman

• lucifershuttlesworth - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Top 10 hey? Howard, Gasol, Chandler, Lopez, Cousins, Monroe, Jefferson, Horford, Nene, Hibbert, Pekovic, and Noah are all much better than Kaman and that is just off the top of my head. Hell, throw Amir Johnson, Javale McGee and Larry Sanders on that list as well.

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

That’s a poor list
        1. Howard
        2. Gasol
        3. Chandler
        4. Horford
        5.Noah
        6. Lopez
        7. Hibbert
        8 Cousins
        9. Kermit Washington
        10 Chris Kaman

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

@ Lucifer…. Take Howard out of the list, and none of those centers have more All-star appearances than Kaman!!!

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM

“he has Wade’s scrotum in his mouth”

Guess that makes him a Ballchinian.

5. 1972wasalongtimeago - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

As the kids say these days, I read this headline and I was ROTFLMFAO

6. losanginsight - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

What? The heat get calls from the ref? I thought the refs in the NBA don’t have an agenda. Stern will probably fine Kaman for speakung the truth.

7. lakerluver - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yep, two titles for Miami with two asterisks*…….shortened season & fixed Finals.

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

That’s what I am saying!!! The 2006 finals MVP belongs to David Stern and Joey Crawford

• lucifershuttlesworth - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Incredible. Laker fans complaining about gifted championships. Why not pry the asterisks off your 2002 trophy and send it to Sacramento as a parting gift before they move to Seattle?

• dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Silence!!! Adults are speaking

• cbking05 - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM

2002 is so long ago… I like the Kings, but their fans are annoying …I don’t hate them, they are great, but let the 2002 go… they lost…they didn’t make free throws and Kobe punked that b*tch Bibby … too bad so sad.

On that Note, Sacramento has some of the greatest die hard fans. KINGS need to stay in SACRMENTO! They may annoy me, but they dont give up!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM

i am laughing with you, LL…BUT i’ll give credit when its due…they won…so be it.

8. dirtydavis - Mar 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Chris Kaman is my new fave player

9. reesesteel23 - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Well……its nice to know Chris Kaman’s butt still hurts…….

You dont average 35 pts 8 Reb 4 Ast 3 Steals and 1 Block per game all from the free throw line…

Losers

Dallas fans….You got a ring…….the only one you will see for years to come……now go sit down…..

Laker Fans….Most of you only bring it up because Shaq got another ring before Kobe did at the time…Stop acting like you really cared……

10. kb2408 - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

@spthegr8
    lakerluver, doesn’t do anything that you and abooger don’t do. You two are two of the biggest trolls on this site. As a matter of fact, you clowns are constantly on the Lakers stories. So, stfu with your whining, candy a$$.

• spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM

@kb
      I’m always on laker post cuz I’m a fan, not a troll. I don’t know what lakerluver has too do with any of this.I Haven’t seen you on here b4 ( nor do I care too )& I’m not here for your approval. In short what I’m saying is GFY!!! & ESAD!!!!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM

whoa guys…plenty of rooms for all of us…just like progress2011’s mom!

okay…seriously, anybody with a at least a half wit idea is cool by me.

11. kb2408 - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

The only people who don’t think the 2005 Finals were a sham are Heat fans. The refs made a mockery of that series. So, if we take away the “gift” of 05 and the diminished championship from last season, the Heatles are vying for their first title this season.

• reesesteel23 - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What are you going to say come off-season?

• 1heatedtoombrayduh - Mar 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Everybody played the same number of games last year man..

12. thesixersbench - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Honestly, beyond Heat fans, who IS a Dwyane Wade fan?

The guy is one of the biggest divas in the NBA. He constantly finds himself in situations of poor taste

(I’m sure the Heat fans want reference points: his wife trashing his trophy room and publicly lambasting his affair with Gabrielle Union while still married, the “coughs” two years ago mocking Dirk, repeated accusations of him being a dirty player by opposing players,his constant whining…..this play: http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif ).

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yeah – Heat should trade him for Andrew Bynum – much bettter player.

• thesixersbench - Mar 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Interesting counterpoint, mydoghasfleez.

While I’m not surprised your incredibly clever reply has nothing to do with the content of my post, I am surprised that you managed to turn on your computer. Little victories.

13. leahcima1 - Mar 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Losers have to have a reason why they lose. I guess you Wade haters blame him for you erectile dysfunction, too.

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

That’s funny

14. papacrick - Mar 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Drummond is already a better center than Kaman ever was so that moves him off that top ten list

15. rodge1 - Mar 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM

LOL @ all the haters. You guys make every win Miami gets that much sweeter. I remember hating the best team(s) a few years ago. Please, keep posting your funny comments. I know it has nothing to do with Miami but more to do with the unhappiness you have with your own teams.

16. drewdatwit84 - Mar 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

you’re all closet HEAT fans. ALL of u lol

This is hilarious bcuz years ago NOBODY was talking about the Miami Heat, now u haters are ALL over our jocks lol

No press is bad press. So thank you haters for constantly talking about us. You idiots don’t realize YOU’RE the ones that’s KEEPING us RELEVANT in the SPOTLIGHT.
    (well u all and ESPN too lol)

17. lakerluver - Mar 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Did little spthegr8 get “her” feelings hurt? You don’t like me? What, is this high school?! And who says “just saying” anymore? I’ll tell you who, high school girls, and lames trying to sound hip,that’s who. Which one are you? I troll every now and then. Just like kb said, this site is full of trolls. Most of you clowns get more joy out of the LAKERS losing than your favorite team winning. That’s not a sports fan. That’s a troll, sir (or ma’am).

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

If enjoying LAKERS losses makes one a troll – Sign me up.

18. spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM

@lakerluver
    Read the post bruh! I didn’t say anything about you. But if you wanna take it there. You call yourself “lakerluver” really?? Really??? You only post when the lakers win….FRONT RUNNER!!!! You just recently started posting again after ph53 PONED you and got rid of you for a while!! Any grown man that calls himself “lakerluver” has CLEARLY got issues!! Just Saying!!!!!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM

where is hargis, anyway?

19. lakerluver - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

“poned” me? What does that even mean?? Never mind, I’d probably rather not know. Ph53 didn’t “pone”anyone. As a matter of fact, you and ph53 are one in the same. You’re not fooling me, sir. Unlike you, I don’t have to post something everyday. How am I a front runner? The LAKERS are on a two game losing streak but here I am. As I’ve said before, I’m a realist. The LAKERS aren’t winning a title this season. That’s clear. But I’m still here defending my squad from the trolls. And speaking of lame usernames…spthegr8?! Dude, come on. I don’t blame you though, as paulhargis53 you made such a fool of yourself you had to change names. But you couldn’t come up with something better than that?!

• loungefly74 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

i think it means he bought you a pony…i think.

preach on, LL!

20. lakerluver - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Where is paulhargis53? I’ll put it this way….you will never see ph53 & sptheleast in the same room. Dude, isn’t it obvious?

21. spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Sptheleast??? Smh!! LAME!!! I’m over it!!!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches