Mar 24, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The cost of living is far less in Oklahoma City, so the fan who hit the shot on Sunday won just $20,000 for the same effort. But he asked for Kevin Durant to come out and join the celebration, and his wish was granted, with Durant similarly hugging the young man and taking him to the ground.
Fans in Oklahoma City have been knocking down these shots at a fairly high percentage, all things considered. In fact, according to the Thunder’s stats people, they’ve been hitting more halfcourt shots lately than regular field goal attempts Derek Fisher has made, in almost the same amount of games.
Derek Fisher in his last 5 games is 0-14 from the field. Thunder fans in the last 6 homes games are 2-6 from half court.
— Thunder Stats & Info (@ThunderStats) March 25, 2013
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27