Mar 24, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
The cost of living is far less in Oklahoma City, so the fan who hit the shot on Sunday won just $20,000 for the same effort. But he asked for Kevin Durant to come out and join the celebration, and his wish was granted, with Durant similarly hugging the young man and taking him to the ground.
Fans in Oklahoma City have been knocking down these shots at a fairly high percentage, all things considered. In fact, according to the Thunder’s stats people, they’ve been hitting more halfcourt shots lately than regular field goal attempts Derek Fisher has made, in almost the same amount of games.
Derek Fisher in his last 5 games is 0-14 from the field. Thunder fans in the last 6 homes games are 2-6 from half court.
— Thunder Stats & Info (@ThunderStats) March 25, 2013
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 10
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 27
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 13
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15