Mar 24, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The cost of living is far less in Oklahoma City, so the fan who hit the shot on Sunday won just $20,000 for the same effort. But he asked for Kevin Durant to come out and join the celebration, and his wish was granted, with Durant similarly hugging the young man and taking him to the ground.
Fans in Oklahoma City have been knocking down these shots at a fairly high percentage, all things considered. In fact, according to the Thunder’s stats people, they’ve been hitting more halfcourt shots lately than regular field goal attempts Derek Fisher has made, in almost the same amount of games.
Derek Fisher in his last 5 games is 0-14 from the field. Thunder fans in the last 6 homes games are 2-6 from half court.
— Thunder Stats & Info (@ThunderStats) March 25, 2013
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20