Mar 24, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The cost of living is far less in Oklahoma City, so the fan who hit the shot on Sunday won just $20,000 for the same effort. But he asked for Kevin Durant to come out and join the celebration, and his wish was granted, with Durant similarly hugging the young man and taking him to the ground.
Fans in Oklahoma City have been knocking down these shots at a fairly high percentage, all things considered. In fact, according to the Thunder’s stats people, they’ve been hitting more halfcourt shots lately than regular field goal attempts Derek Fisher has made, in almost the same amount of games.
Derek Fisher in his last 5 games is 0-14 from the field. Thunder fans in the last 6 homes games are 2-6 from half court.
— Thunder Stats & Info (@ThunderStats) March 25, 2013
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3