Mar 24, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The cost of living is far less in Oklahoma City, so the fan who hit the shot on Sunday won just $20,000 for the same effort. But he asked for Kevin Durant to come out and join the celebration, and his wish was granted, with Durant similarly hugging the young man and taking him to the ground.
Fans in Oklahoma City have been knocking down these shots at a fairly high percentage, all things considered. In fact, according to the Thunder’s stats people, they’ve been hitting more halfcourt shots lately than regular field goal attempts Derek Fisher has made, in almost the same amount of games.
Derek Fisher in his last 5 games is 0-14 from the field. Thunder fans in the last 6 homes games are 2-6 from half court.
— Thunder Stats & Info (@ThunderStats) March 25, 2013
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20