Stephen Curry leaves Warriors’ win over Wizards with ankle injury (VIDEO)

Mar 24, 2013, 11:00 AM EST

Any time you see Stephen Curry leave a game with an ankle injury, as he did Saturday night in the fourth quarter of the Warriors’ win over the Wizards, there’s going to be cause for concern.

Those types of injuries have plagued Curry over the early part of his career, but thankfully, this one doesn’t appear to be as serious.

You can see this one unfold at about the 1:30 mark of the video clip above. As Curry gets out on the fast break, he’s grabbed by Cartier Martin. This causes Curry to come down on his right ankle, which twists underneath him before he falls to the court. Curry stayed in the game just long enough to shoot his free throws, before the Warriors took a foul to get him out of the game and into the locker room for evaluation.

This was a dangerous defensive play by Martin, because there was really no reason to grab Curry the way that he did. The Wizards had another defender back behind the play, and anytime you unnaturally stop an offensive player in this way, it only increases the possibility of an injury.

Curry did not return to the game, but he had already done enough damage to the Wizards. He finished with 35 points on 13-18 shooting, to go along with eight assists, and didn’t seem too concerned with the injury afterward.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about my ankle, I’ll get through it like I usually do,” he said, via CSN Bay Area. “I just have to get my treatment and get ready for Monday.”

1. baymac408 - Mar 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

This sucks I hope it wasn’t serious!! I hate when a defender gets beat and then grabs the player to the floor!! If you get BEAT ON D.. Live with it! It’s not like it was the last 2 minutes in a game!! Haters!! GO WARRIORS!!

2. timb12 - Mar 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

They called me Mr Glass!

3. klink6224 - Mar 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Can videos or links be actually added to the threads that say video on them for the app users

4. pistol7pete - Mar 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Mama, there goes that man!

5. doctorfootball - Mar 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

The kid is a terrific player. But I’m convinced, the bones around his ankle area are made of tissue paper. This guy sprains his ankle getting out of bed.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches