Mar 24, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
John Wall already had one technical against the Warriors Saturday night, he had argued a physical screen set by David Lee in the first quarter should have been a foul. But the game was going to get more physical, more chippy in the second half.
In the middle of the third quarter Wall was going for a layup and was knocked to the ground by Klay Thompson (a foul was called). On the next Warriors possession Wall was being physical and trying to deny an entry pass to Thompson, and Wall knocked the ball out of bounds. As part of the play, Thompson gave Wall a little shoulder that knocked down the Wizards point guard.
Wall bounced up, walked over to Thompson and barked. And barked. And moved to get in Thompson’s face. So a referee stepped in with the technical — which was the right call. That was an aggressive stance by Wall that left the ref no other good option.
So Wall went to the showers. Not exactly the kind of composure you want to see from your best player.
Without Wall the Wizards won the fourth quarter by 9 points but still lost the game.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28