John Wall gives Klay Thompson an earful, gets ejected (VIDEO)

Mar 24, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

John Wall already had one technical against the Warriors Saturday night, he had argued a physical screen set by David Lee in the first quarter should have been a foul. But the game was going to get more physical, more chippy in the second half.

In the middle of the third quarter Wall was going for a layup and was knocked to the ground by Klay Thompson (a foul was called). On the next Warriors possession Wall was being physical and trying to deny an entry pass to Thompson, and Wall knocked the ball out of bounds. As part of the play, Thompson gave Wall a little shoulder that knocked down the Wizards point guard.

Wall bounced up, walked over to Thompson and barked. And barked. And moved to get in Thompson’s face. So a referee stepped in with the technical — which was the right call. That was an aggressive stance by Wall that left the ref no other good option.

So Wall went to the showers. Not exactly the kind of composure you want to see from your best player.

Without Wall the Wizards won the fourth quarter by 9 points but still lost the game.

1. pukachi93 - Mar 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Golden State won. Not the Wizards. Pretty big mistake.

• thatsthewordfromdj - Mar 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Yea the ‘Zards lost by 9…..

• khard1250 - Mar 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Reread the post:
      “the Wizards won the fourth quarter by 9 points BUT still lost the game.”

2. fredagsedb - Mar 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Should be reviewed for a flopping warning

3. money2long - Mar 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

how about this refs… he was just talking, while trying to get in a better defensive stance. lol

• money2long - Mar 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

defensive position ….

4. joroberts10 - Mar 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Weak call in my opinion. If anything the ref just should have stepped in between them and that woulda been the end of it. Refs are usually more lenient when the best player on a team already has 1 technical

5. Nostrils10 - Mar 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I love the “yap yap yap yap yap yap yap” (I’m a bad boy)

then the refs call the T and it’s: “Coachhhhhhh, not fair Coach, I didn’t even say anything!” lol..

for real tho… and I keep saying it, NBA is getting pretty sickening. F the refs

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM

“F the refs”??????????? nah, F the cheerleaders.

6. duckfootballrules - Mar 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Good veteran-type move by Klay Thompson; massive failure to police the court on the shoulder shiver by the officials; way…too quick a hook by the one referee! I see what the old players mean when they say the officials have inserted themselves too deply into the fabric of the game.

7. stayhigh_247 - Mar 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Klay remained calm and didn’t let J Wall bait him into doing something stupid, good work Klay!

8. baymac408 - Mar 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

GO WARRIORS!!! Busted a** wack a** wizards.. Didn’t matter they still would have gotten smashed..Klay was shuting him down

9. fastwillie39 - Mar 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I know you guys operate out of your own kitchens, but maybe check who won first, looking for another blog now

10. denverhoopdreams - Mar 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

John Wall just became one of my new favorite players with that.

I know there are a lot of fans that are all about clean play, the whole game.

I’m sorry though, this kind of stuff happening on the court is what gets a lot of us fans going, but then they pull the plug and John Wall is ejected so we miss out on what could of been a fierce battle the rest of the game?

What I’m trying to say is this technical wasn’t warranted in my eyes. The ref should have warned them like they usually do in cases like these, it would of calmed, and one of them probably would of let their play do the talking.

Of course it could of escalated further down the line, but the warning was given, there goes the tech.

It just seems like this years refereeing has baffled me… I don’t know if I’m getting the Cuban gene or what.

• detroitrollin22 - Mar 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

John Wall flopped then he wanted to act like a tough guy.

11. digg2000 - Mar 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Being a Kings fan, I just naturally hate Klay Thompson for dropping 3’s on us all day long. So yeah, I like this.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches