Mar 23, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay played just 14 minutes during the Raptors’ home loss to the Knicks on Friday, due to suffering from back pain which may have had a part in his 2-7 shooting to that point of the contest.
Gay left in the second quarter and did not return. He will miss the rematch between the two teams in New York on Saturday, and didn’t even make the trip with the Raptors, according to the team’s official website.
Toronto kept it close without Gay thanks to a career-high 35 points from Alan Anderson off the bench, who tied a season-high by playing 36 minutes. Anderson was particularly hot in the third quarter, when he scored 20 points on just six shots.
Gay is averaging 19.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game with the Raptors, since coming to Toronto in a trade from Memphis earlier this season.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18