Mar 23, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay played just 14 minutes during the Raptors’ home loss to the Knicks on Friday, due to suffering from back pain which may have had a part in his 2-7 shooting to that point of the contest.
Gay left in the second quarter and did not return. He will miss the rematch between the two teams in New York on Saturday, and didn’t even make the trip with the Raptors, according to the team’s official website.
Toronto kept it close without Gay thanks to a career-high 35 points from Alan Anderson off the bench, who tied a season-high by playing 36 minutes. Anderson was particularly hot in the third quarter, when he scored 20 points on just six shots.
Gay is averaging 19.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game with the Raptors, since coming to Toronto in a trade from Memphis earlier this season.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 9
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5