Mar 23, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay played just 14 minutes during the Raptors’ home loss to the Knicks on Friday, due to suffering from back pain which may have had a part in his 2-7 shooting to that point of the contest.
Gay left in the second quarter and did not return. He will miss the rematch between the two teams in New York on Saturday, and didn’t even make the trip with the Raptors, according to the team’s official website.
Toronto kept it close without Gay thanks to a career-high 35 points from Alan Anderson off the bench, who tied a season-high by playing 36 minutes. Anderson was particularly hot in the third quarter, when he scored 20 points on just six shots.
Gay is averaging 19.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game with the Raptors, since coming to Toronto in a trade from Memphis earlier this season.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 4
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16