Mar 23, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay played just 14 minutes during the Raptors’ home loss to the Knicks on Friday, due to suffering from back pain which may have had a part in his 2-7 shooting to that point of the contest.
Gay left in the second quarter and did not return. He will miss the rematch between the two teams in New York on Saturday, and didn’t even make the trip with the Raptors, according to the team’s official website.
Toronto kept it close without Gay thanks to a career-high 35 points from Alan Anderson off the bench, who tied a season-high by playing 36 minutes. Anderson was particularly hot in the third quarter, when he scored 20 points on just six shots.
Gay is averaging 19.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game with the Raptors, since coming to Toronto in a trade from Memphis earlier this season.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14