Mar 23, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Rudy Gay played just 14 minutes during the Raptors’ home loss to the Knicks on Friday, due to suffering from back pain which may have had a part in his 2-7 shooting to that point of the contest.
Gay left in the second quarter and did not return. He will miss the rematch between the two teams in New York on Saturday, and didn’t even make the trip with the Raptors, according to the team’s official website.
Toronto kept it close without Gay thanks to a career-high 35 points from Alan Anderson off the bench, who tied a season-high by playing 36 minutes. Anderson was particularly hot in the third quarter, when he scored 20 points on just six shots.
Gay is averaging 19.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game with the Raptors, since coming to Toronto in a trade from Memphis earlier this season.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)