Mar 23, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Antawn Jamison left the Lakers’ loss to the Wizards on Friday late in the third quarter after suffering a sprained right wrist.
He did not return to play in the fourth, and X-rays taken afterward were negative.
Jamison was scheduled to get an MRI on Saturday, and apparently it revealed some damage, but not enough to keep him out of action.
From Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Source says Jamison has a slight tear in wrist but he’s “going to gut it out”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) March 23, 2013
The news that the injury isn’t expected to force Jamison to miss any time is excellent for a Lakers team just beginning to get completely healthy again. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol both returned to the lineup on Friday, though the team’s uninspired play defensively in the second half after getting out to a large lead early ultimately resulted in an embarrassing loss.
After falling out of Mike D’Antoni’s rotation entirely during a stretch of games in late December, Jamison has fit in nicely over the past couple of months, and has averages of 9.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in 21.7 minutes per game this season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14