Mar 23, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Antawn Jamison left the Lakers’ loss to the Wizards on Friday late in the third quarter after suffering a sprained right wrist.
He did not return to play in the fourth, and X-rays taken afterward were negative.
Jamison was scheduled to get an MRI on Saturday, and apparently it revealed some damage, but not enough to keep him out of action.
From Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Source says Jamison has a slight tear in wrist but he’s “going to gut it out”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) March 23, 2013
The news that the injury isn’t expected to force Jamison to miss any time is excellent for a Lakers team just beginning to get completely healthy again. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol both returned to the lineup on Friday, though the team’s uninspired play defensively in the second half after getting out to a large lead early ultimately resulted in an embarrassing loss.
After falling out of Mike D’Antoni’s rotation entirely during a stretch of games in late December, Jamison has fit in nicely over the past couple of months, and has averages of 9.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in 21.7 minutes per game this season.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9