Mar 23, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Antawn Jamison left the Lakers’ loss to the Wizards on Friday late in the third quarter after suffering a sprained right wrist.
He did not return to play in the fourth, and X-rays taken afterward were negative.
Jamison was scheduled to get an MRI on Saturday, and apparently it revealed some damage, but not enough to keep him out of action.
From Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Source says Jamison has a slight tear in wrist but he’s “going to gut it out”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) March 23, 2013
The news that the injury isn’t expected to force Jamison to miss any time is excellent for a Lakers team just beginning to get completely healthy again. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol both returned to the lineup on Friday, though the team’s uninspired play defensively in the second half after getting out to a large lead early ultimately resulted in an embarrassing loss.
After falling out of Mike D’Antoni’s rotation entirely during a stretch of games in late December, Jamison has fit in nicely over the past couple of months, and has averages of 9.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in 21.7 minutes per game this season.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 0
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17