Mar 23, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Antawn Jamison left the Lakers’ loss to the Wizards on Friday late in the third quarter after suffering a sprained right wrist.
He did not return to play in the fourth, and X-rays taken afterward were negative.
Jamison was scheduled to get an MRI on Saturday, and apparently it revealed some damage, but not enough to keep him out of action.
From Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Source says Jamison has a slight tear in wrist but he’s “going to gut it out”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) March 23, 2013
The news that the injury isn’t expected to force Jamison to miss any time is excellent for a Lakers team just beginning to get completely healthy again. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol both returned to the lineup on Friday, though the team’s uninspired play defensively in the second half after getting out to a large lead early ultimately resulted in an embarrassing loss.
After falling out of Mike D’Antoni’s rotation entirely during a stretch of games in late December, Jamison has fit in nicely over the past couple of months, and has averages of 9.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in 21.7 minutes per game this season.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18