Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo will miss the rest of the season, according to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Afflalo injured his right hamstring against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, leaving the game after just 13 minutes.
As long as Afflalo’s injury presents no long-term effects, this might actually the Magic, who have 12 games remaining. Without its leading scorer, Orlando will have a better chance at a higher draft pick and can give more minutes to young players like DeQuan Jones, Doron Lamb and E’Twaun Moore. The 18-52 Magic might even sneak behind the 16-52 Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 1 seed in the NBA lottery.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16