Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo will miss the rest of the season, according to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Afflalo injured his right hamstring against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, leaving the game after just 13 minutes.
As long as Afflalo’s injury presents no long-term effects, this might actually the Magic, who have 12 games remaining. Without its leading scorer, Orlando will have a better chance at a higher draft pick and can give more minutes to young players like DeQuan Jones, Doron Lamb and E’Twaun Moore. The 18-52 Magic might even sneak behind the 16-52 Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 1 seed in the NBA lottery.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 6
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36