Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo will miss the rest of the season, according to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Afflalo injured his right hamstring against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, leaving the game after just 13 minutes.
As long as Afflalo’s injury presents no long-term effects, this might actually the Magic, who have 12 games remaining. Without its leading scorer, Orlando will have a better chance at a higher draft pick and can give more minutes to young players like DeQuan Jones, Doron Lamb and E’Twaun Moore. The 18-52 Magic might even sneak behind the 16-52 Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 1 seed in the NBA lottery.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7