Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
Orlando Magic guard Arron Afflalo will miss the rest of the season, according to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Afflalo injured his right hamstring against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, leaving the game after just 13 minutes.
As long as Afflalo’s injury presents no long-term effects, this might actually the Magic, who have 12 games remaining. Without its leading scorer, Orlando will have a better chance at a higher draft pick and can give more minutes to young players like DeQuan Jones, Doron Lamb and E’Twaun Moore. The 18-52 Magic might even sneak behind the 16-52 Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 1 seed in the NBA lottery.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 8
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 10
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9