Mar 22, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Philadelphia was up 5 with :14 seconds left in the game — they were going to end the Nuggets 13-game winning streak and pick up a rare quality win.
Until Corey Brewer hit a three. Then Evan Turner missed both free throws for Philly. Then Damien Wilkins (who had a really good game with 24 points) foolishly fouled Brewer on a three-point attempt. Brewer hit all three free throws. And the lead was gone, Denver won.
Sixers fans were frustrated. Actually, they were pissed off. But rarely does the team’s CEO and part owner take to twitter to bash the squad.
Adam Aron can vent on twitter all he wants, but come this summer all the big questions fall on him and Sixers management: Do you bring back coach Doug Collins? If not him, who? What are you going to offer Andrew Bynum? And by the way, what kind of team are you trying to build?
Whatever decisions the Sixers make this summer, you can bet Aron will be on the other end of some twitter venting when it all goes down.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4