Mar 22, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Philadelphia was up 5 with :14 seconds left in the game — they were going to end the Nuggets 13-game winning streak and pick up a rare quality win.
Until Corey Brewer hit a three. Then Evan Turner missed both free throws for Philly. Then Damien Wilkins (who had a really good game with 24 points) foolishly fouled Brewer on a three-point attempt. Brewer hit all three free throws. And the lead was gone, Denver won.
Sixers fans were frustrated. Actually, they were pissed off. But rarely does the team’s CEO and part owner take to twitter to bash the squad.
That was the worst last minute of 76ers basketball I've seen in ages. Mind-numbingly bad.—
Adam Aron (@SixersCEOAdam) March 22, 2013
Adam Aron can vent on twitter all he wants, but come this summer all the big questions fall on him and Sixers management: Do you bring back coach Doug Collins? If not him, who? What are you going to offer Andrew Bynum? And by the way, what kind of team are you trying to build?
Whatever decisions the Sixers make this summer, you can bet Aron will be on the other end of some twitter venting when it all goes down.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4