Mar 22, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Philadelphia was up 5 with :14 seconds left in the game — they were going to end the Nuggets 13-game winning streak and pick up a rare quality win.
Until Corey Brewer hit a three. Then Evan Turner missed both free throws for Philly. Then Damien Wilkins (who had a really good game with 24 points) foolishly fouled Brewer on a three-point attempt. Brewer hit all three free throws. And the lead was gone, Denver won.
Sixers fans were frustrated. Actually, they were pissed off. But rarely does the team’s CEO and part owner take to twitter to bash the squad.
That was the worst last minute of 76ers basketball I've seen in ages. Mind-numbingly bad.—
Adam Aron (@SixersCEOAdam) March 22, 2013
Adam Aron can vent on twitter all he wants, but come this summer all the big questions fall on him and Sixers management: Do you bring back coach Doug Collins? If not him, who? What are you going to offer Andrew Bynum? And by the way, what kind of team are you trying to build?
Whatever decisions the Sixers make this summer, you can bet Aron will be on the other end of some twitter venting when it all goes down.
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12