Mar 22, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Philadelphia was up 5 with :14 seconds left in the game — they were going to end the Nuggets 13-game winning streak and pick up a rare quality win.
Until Corey Brewer hit a three. Then Evan Turner missed both free throws for Philly. Then Damien Wilkins (who had a really good game with 24 points) foolishly fouled Brewer on a three-point attempt. Brewer hit all three free throws. And the lead was gone, Denver won.
Sixers fans were frustrated. Actually, they were pissed off. But rarely does the team’s CEO and part owner take to twitter to bash the squad.
Adam Aron can vent on twitter all he wants, but come this summer all the big questions fall on him and Sixers management: Do you bring back coach Doug Collins? If not him, who? What are you going to offer Andrew Bynum? And by the way, what kind of team are you trying to build?
Whatever decisions the Sixers make this summer, you can bet Aron will be on the other end of some twitter venting when it all goes down.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 17
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 19
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2