PBT Podcast: Heat and Nuggets streaking, playoff seeding, and NCAA Tournament talk with CBT’s Rob Dauster
Mar 22, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the two hottest teams in the league right now — the Miami Heat, who have won 24 consecutive games, and the Denver Nuggets, who are riding a 14-game winning streak of their own after coming back late to take care of the Sixers on Thursday.
We wonder how much longer each club can keep it up, while discussing the Heat’s last game against the Cavaliers and all the craziness that surrounded it.
With the regular season winding down, we take a look at the playoff positioning in each conference, and try to figure out where the sweet spots are for teams looking to get an easier first round matchup.
All that, plus a conversation with CBT’s Rob Dauster about the NCAA Tournament, and who the players are you want to watch that might end up going in the early stages of this summer’s NBA Draft.
Click below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4