PBT Podcast: Heat and Nuggets streaking, playoff seeding, and NCAA Tournament talk with CBT’s Rob Dauster
Mar 22, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the two hottest teams in the league right now — the Miami Heat, who have won 24 consecutive games, and the Denver Nuggets, who are riding a 14-game winning streak of their own after coming back late to take care of the Sixers on Thursday.
We wonder how much longer each club can keep it up, while discussing the Heat’s last game against the Cavaliers and all the craziness that surrounded it.
With the regular season winding down, we take a look at the playoff positioning in each conference, and try to figure out where the sweet spots are for teams looking to get an easier first round matchup.
All that, plus a conversation with CBT’s Rob Dauster about the NCAA Tournament, and who the players are you want to watch that might end up going in the early stages of this summer’s NBA Draft.
Click below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8