PBT Podcast: Heat and Nuggets streaking, playoff seeding, and NCAA Tournament talk with CBT’s Rob Dauster
Mar 22, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the two hottest teams in the league right now — the Miami Heat, who have won 24 consecutive games, and the Denver Nuggets, who are riding a 14-game winning streak of their own after coming back late to take care of the Sixers on Thursday.
We wonder how much longer each club can keep it up, while discussing the Heat’s last game against the Cavaliers and all the craziness that surrounded it.
With the regular season winding down, we take a look at the playoff positioning in each conference, and try to figure out where the sweet spots are for teams looking to get an easier first round matchup.
All that, plus a conversation with CBT’s Rob Dauster about the NCAA Tournament, and who the players are you want to watch that might end up going in the early stages of this summer’s NBA Draft.
Click below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20