Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
The Pacers have enough trouble scoring points (20th ranked offense), so this is bad news.
David West, the Pacers second leading scorer on the season at 17.3 points per game, likely will be out this weekend for two games due to a bad back, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star. That would be Friday night against Milwaukee and Saturday night against the Bulls.
West has already been out a couple games because of the back and reports are he was having trouble walking because of the pain.
For the Pacers, it’s about the playoffs when they will need West’s pick-and-pop skills, his veteran presence and his points, so look for them to give him as much time off as he needs.
They can do that because Tyler Hansbrough has stepped up when thrust into a starter’s role averaging 16 points and 12.5 rebounds in West’s place the last two games.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45