Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The Pacers have enough trouble scoring points (20th ranked offense), so this is bad news.
David West, the Pacers second leading scorer on the season at 17.3 points per game, likely will be out this weekend for two games due to a bad back, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star. That would be Friday night against Milwaukee and Saturday night against the Bulls.
West has already been out a couple games because of the back and reports are he was having trouble walking because of the pain.
For the Pacers, it’s about the playoffs when they will need West’s pick-and-pop skills, his veteran presence and his points, so look for them to give him as much time off as he needs.
They can do that because Tyler Hansbrough has stepped up when thrust into a starter’s role averaging 16 points and 12.5 rebounds in West’s place the last two games.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 0
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 3
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 27
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26