Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The Pacers have enough trouble scoring points (20th ranked offense), so this is bad news.
David West, the Pacers second leading scorer on the season at 17.3 points per game, likely will be out this weekend for two games due to a bad back, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star. That would be Friday night against Milwaukee and Saturday night against the Bulls.
West has already been out a couple games because of the back and reports are he was having trouble walking because of the pain.
For the Pacers, it’s about the playoffs when they will need West’s pick-and-pop skills, his veteran presence and his points, so look for them to give him as much time off as he needs.
They can do that because Tyler Hansbrough has stepped up when thrust into a starter’s role averaging 16 points and 12.5 rebounds in West’s place the last two games.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64