Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The Pacers have enough trouble scoring points (20th ranked offense), so this is bad news.
David West, the Pacers second leading scorer on the season at 17.3 points per game, likely will be out this weekend for two games due to a bad back, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star. That would be Friday night against Milwaukee and Saturday night against the Bulls.
West has already been out a couple games because of the back and reports are he was having trouble walking because of the pain.
For the Pacers, it’s about the playoffs when they will need West’s pick-and-pop skills, his veteran presence and his points, so look for them to give him as much time off as he needs.
They can do that because Tyler Hansbrough has stepped up when thrust into a starter’s role averaging 16 points and 12.5 rebounds in West’s place the last two games.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9