Mar 22, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
Von Wafer will bring a team someone not afraid to shoot the ball. And some of those shots will go in (he’s a career 42 percent shooter who hit 45.2 percent overall and 35.9 percent from three last season in Orlando). Now if you want defense or smart play or discipline, well… Von Wafer brings you a guy not afraid to shoot the ball.
But off the bench for a playoff run, a guy who will work hard in practice and isn’t afraid to be a gunner in the game might have some value to a team.
Wafer was in China this season but is back now and some NBA teams are asking a little about him, reports Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld.
Several teams that are looking to bolster their roster for a playoff run have considered signing the 27-year-old Wafer, who will be playoff eligible if signed before April 17.
Wafer played for the Xinjiang Flying Tigers, leading them to a fourth-place finish in the Chinese Basketball Association and averaging 26.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists on the season. Unlike other unrestricted free agents, Wafer is in shape and ready to contribute immediately since his season in China just concluded.
I’m not sure this happens, but we’ve seen stranger things. Just something to keep an eye out for.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9