Mar 22, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Von Wafer will bring a team someone not afraid to shoot the ball. And some of those shots will go in (he’s a career 42 percent shooter who hit 45.2 percent overall and 35.9 percent from three last season in Orlando). Now if you want defense or smart play or discipline, well… Von Wafer brings you a guy not afraid to shoot the ball.
But off the bench for a playoff run, a guy who will work hard in practice and isn’t afraid to be a gunner in the game might have some value to a team.
Wafer was in China this season but is back now and some NBA teams are asking a little about him, reports Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld.
Several teams that are looking to bolster their roster for a playoff run have considered signing the 27-year-old Wafer, who will be playoff eligible if signed before April 17.
Wafer played for the Xinjiang Flying Tigers, leading them to a fourth-place finish in the Chinese Basketball Association and averaging 26.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists on the season. Unlike other unrestricted free agents, Wafer is in shape and ready to contribute immediately since his season in China just concluded.
I’m not sure this happens, but we’ve seen stranger things. Just something to keep an eye out for.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 7
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 13
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4