Mar 22, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Nate Robinson can still get up and throw it down. I mean, we knew he could dunk — he won the Dunk Contest crown a couple times — but he’s getting older and he’s never been as big an in-game dunker.
But he threw a big one down Thursday in the fourth quarter against Portland. He’s still got plenty of hops, in case you were curious.
Yes, the Blazers won the game. It was in basically garbage time. So what? (People love to point out in comments/on twitter that it happened in a losing cause, as if that somehow diminishes the athleticism. It’s a strange obsession. Just enjoy the play for what it is and relax.)
Derrick Rose is checking the tape to see if Robinson dunked off his left foot.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8