Mar 21, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
When Tony Parker sprained his ankle he was supposed to be out for a month (although the buzz was always it could be shorter than that).
How about 20 days?
Parker could be back in the Spurs lineup Friday night against the Jazz, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express News.
Coach Gregg Popovich also said it was possible Parker would play Friday.
Without Parker the Spurs have gone right on winning and have a 2.5 game lead over the Thunder in the West for the best record (they are 1.5 back of the Heat for best record overall).
Before he went down Parker was playing at a level that had him in the top five MVP conversation. Put him back in the lineup, move Cory Joseph back to the bench and the Spurs get that much more dangerous. This is a contender, people.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5