Mar 21, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
When Tony Parker sprained his ankle he was supposed to be out for a month (although the buzz was always it could be shorter than that).
How about 20 days?
Parker could be back in the Spurs lineup Friday night against the Jazz, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express News.
Coach Gregg Popovich also said it was possible Parker would play Friday.
Without Parker the Spurs have gone right on winning and have a 2.5 game lead over the Thunder in the West for the best record (they are 1.5 back of the Heat for best record overall).
Before he went down Parker was playing at a level that had him in the top five MVP conversation. Put him back in the lineup, move Cory Joseph back to the bench and the Spurs get that much more dangerous. This is a contender, people.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 25
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 22
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10