Mar 21, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
When Tony Parker sprained his ankle he was supposed to be out for a month (although the buzz was always it could be shorter than that).
How about 20 days?
Parker could be back in the Spurs lineup Friday night against the Jazz, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express News.
Coach Gregg Popovich also said it was possible Parker would play Friday.
Without Parker the Spurs have gone right on winning and have a 2.5 game lead over the Thunder in the West for the best record (they are 1.5 back of the Heat for best record overall).
Before he went down Parker was playing at a level that had him in the top five MVP conversation. Put him back in the lineup, move Cory Joseph back to the bench and the Spurs get that much more dangerous. This is a contender, people.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43