Mar 21, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
When Tony Parker sprained his ankle he was supposed to be out for a month (although the buzz was always it could be shorter than that).
How about 20 days?
Parker could be back in the Spurs lineup Friday night against the Jazz, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express News.
Spurs finishing up practice with a little 5 on 5. Tony Parker participating.—
Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) March 21, 2013
Coach Gregg Popovich also said it was possible Parker would play Friday.
Without Parker the Spurs have gone right on winning and have a 2.5 game lead over the Thunder in the West for the best record (they are 1.5 back of the Heat for best record overall).
Before he went down Parker was playing at a level that had him in the top five MVP conversation. Put him back in the lineup, move Cory Joseph back to the bench and the Spurs get that much more dangerous. This is a contender, people.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29