Mar 21, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
When Tony Parker sprained his ankle he was supposed to be out for a month (although the buzz was always it could be shorter than that).
How about 20 days?
Parker could be back in the Spurs lineup Friday night against the Jazz, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express News.
Coach Gregg Popovich also said it was possible Parker would play Friday.
Without Parker the Spurs have gone right on winning and have a 2.5 game lead over the Thunder in the West for the best record (they are 1.5 back of the Heat for best record overall).
Before he went down Parker was playing at a level that had him in the top five MVP conversation. Put him back in the lineup, move Cory Joseph back to the bench and the Spurs get that much more dangerous. This is a contender, people.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 7
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 24
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16