Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
The injury bug that has plagued Roddy Beaubois career has not gone away.
The Mavericks reserve point guard fractured his left hand last Thursday in a game against Oklahoma City and Wednesday had surgery to repair it, reports ESPN Dallas. The odds of him returning this season are “extremely slim” according to the report.
After a promising rookie campaign in Dallas (remember how Rick Carlisle wouldn’t play him against San Antonio in the playoffs while everyone begged him to?) Beaubois has faced a rash of injuries that have slowed him, and he never lived up to his promise because of it. This season he didn’t see a lot of playing time and averaged 4 points a game on 36.9 percent shooting.
Beaubois is an unrestricted free agent this summer. It’s unlikely Dallas brings him back.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23