Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
The injury bug that has plagued Roddy Beaubois career has not gone away.
The Mavericks reserve point guard fractured his left hand last Thursday in a game against Oklahoma City and Wednesday had surgery to repair it, reports ESPN Dallas. The odds of him returning this season are “extremely slim” according to the report.
After a promising rookie campaign in Dallas (remember how Rick Carlisle wouldn’t play him against San Antonio in the playoffs while everyone begged him to?) Beaubois has faced a rash of injuries that have slowed him, and he never lived up to his promise because of it. This season he didn’t see a lot of playing time and averaged 4 points a game on 36.9 percent shooting.
Beaubois is an unrestricted free agent this summer. It’s unlikely Dallas brings him back.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59