Mar 20, 2013, 2:31 AM EST
There were people who put up bigger numbers on each of their teams, but these three players had the big fourth quarters that got their teams the win Tuesday night. So yes, that means guys like Kevin Durant with big lines (34 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists) miss the cut. That’s life.
Third Star: Monta Ellis (21 points; 14 in second half, 8 in fourth quarter)
It was kind of a classic Monta Ellis game — not very efficient (21 points on 18 shots) but he ended up making some plays that the Bucks needed in the fourth, when he hit three-of-four shots and had a key assist. Jennings had he better overall game, but credit Ellis for finding a way to work with that and play a key role in getting a win.
Second Star: Andre Miller (20 points; 13 points, 6 rebounds in fourth quarter)
In the biggest game of the night the not-exactly-getting-younger Miller had a huge game on his 37th birthday. The Nuggets took charge of this game in the third quarter after Miller spoke to the team at halftime to fire them up. But in the fourth quarter you knew the Thunder’s run was coming. It did. But every time they made a push it seemed Miller hit a big shot. That included some key free throws. The Nuggets are a dangerous playoff team in part because of the damage their bench can do, and Miller is at the heart of that.
First Star: Toney Douglas (19 points; 17 in fourth quarter)
Sacramento is a good landing spot for Toney Douglas right now (I wouldn’t have traded Thomas Robinson for him and that package, but still). The Kings rely on Isaiah Thomas and Tyreke Evans as playmakers, but Douglas is a guy who can step into that role and do it well. Against the Clippers he was nailing right corner threes and other deep bombs against the clock. Douglas was also playing good defense on Chris Paul. It was an epic quarter for Douglas.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5