Mar 20, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
On a night of barn burner games none ended in a more dramatic fashion than Oklahoma City and Memphis.
Then in overtime it was back-and-forth and came down to one final shot, down one by Memphis. Mike Conley did a good job of getting Zach Randolph the ball in the post where he likes to work, he faces up and drives baseline and Nick Collison does a pretty good job to contest. He gets a little help on that from Kendrick Perkins.
But to help Perkins has to leave Marc Gasol on the weakside and there is nobody left who can handle his size and strength. Randolph’s shot goes a little long and Gasol is right there to give the Grizzlies a big win. In about the most dramatic way possible.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50