Mar 20, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
LeBron James has had his share of big dunks in the NBA… and a few other people’s shares. To the point he doesn’t linger over them much.
Usually. But the Celtics Jason Terry was dismissive of the Heat and their winning streak before the two teams met Monday night, so LeBron seemed pretty happy to publicly savor the dunk, speaking to the Associated Press on Wednesday.
“I’ve had a chance to (review) it and it was one of my better ones,” James said at the Heat’s morning shootaround. “The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes.
“I’m glad it happened to him.”
As there should be, a lot of people are rallying to the defense of Terry and Brandon Knight, who got dunked on by DeAndre Jordan a few weeks ago. What would you rather have, a player who cowers away in that situation or one who jumps in and tries to make a play on a bigger, stronger player and just comes up short. Look back at the people who have been dunked on before and it includes big time defensive players — Kendrick Perkins last year all the way back to Patrick Ewing against Jordan — who tried and came up short. But at least they were there and tried.
That doesn’t mean we aren’t all going to watch these kind of dunks in the future. These kind of contested dunks that happen spontaneously in games I will take over dunk contest dunks any day.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6