Mar 20, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
LeBron James has had his share of big dunks in the NBA… and a few other people’s shares. To the point he doesn’t linger over them much.
Usually. But the Celtics Jason Terry was dismissive of the Heat and their winning streak before the two teams met Monday night, so LeBron seemed pretty happy to publicly savor the dunk, speaking to the Associated Press on Wednesday.
“I’ve had a chance to (review) it and it was one of my better ones,” James said at the Heat’s morning shootaround. “The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes.
“I’m glad it happened to him.”
As there should be, a lot of people are rallying to the defense of Terry and Brandon Knight, who got dunked on by DeAndre Jordan a few weeks ago. What would you rather have, a player who cowers away in that situation or one who jumps in and tries to make a play on a bigger, stronger player and just comes up short. Look back at the people who have been dunked on before and it includes big time defensive players — Kendrick Perkins last year all the way back to Patrick Ewing against Jordan — who tried and came up short. But at least they were there and tried.
That doesn’t mean we aren’t all going to watch these kind of dunks in the future. These kind of contested dunks that happen spontaneously in games I will take over dunk contest dunks any day.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31