Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s backflip-to-bellyflop from “Splash” (VIDEO)

Mar 20, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT

I know you guys tuned in to watch the first episode of “Splash” — the celebrity diving show on ABC — to see how Kareem Abdul-Jabbar would do. I’m sure it had nothing to do with Katherine Webb. Nope, you’re better than that. You wanted to see how a 65-year-old, 7’2″ guy would do diving.

As that landing is arguably better than what I could do, I will leave all the comments up to you. Know that the show judges considered age and degree of difficulty and did not eliminate him the first week. He got mostly 7s and will be back.

Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, and apparently watching more of the show than I did.

1. Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Kareem mercy.

2. lucifershuttlesworth - Mar 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Second biggest flop I’ve seen today.

3. lakerluver - Mar 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM

First, the greatest basketball player EVER, now the greatest 7’2″, senior citizen diver ever.

4. ravensfan19 - Mar 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Kareem is truly Underrated as All Time Great. Second Greatest Behind MJ.

• tomtravis76 - Mar 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Kareem is the 2nd Greatest center behind Wilt. And by saying he is second is not a slap in his face or saying Kareem sucked. Iam saying one guy who has played the game of basketball in its entire history at the same position gets an edge. Wilt just dominated the game.

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Totally true.
        Kareem is great.
        Wilt was beyond description.

5. lakerluver - Mar 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I beg to differ, gentlemen, from high school to the end of his NBA career, K.A.J. is the greatest basketball player ever. He destroyed everyone on every level, he was the best player in the world on every level and he won multiple championships on every level.

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Wilt was beyond those accomplishments.

6. 00maltliquor - Mar 21, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I lol’d suuuper hard! That belly flop was comedy central!

BTW, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! A 65 y/o doing a backflip off a diving board!! I pray I’m half that mobile at that age! Go Cap!

7. yuwannano - Mar 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Even by reality TV standards, this has to be the dumbest show every created. Even beats out the Kardashians

• mydoghasfleez - Mar 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

It’s a low bar to beat.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches