Mar 20, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
I know you guys tuned in to watch the first episode of “Splash” — the celebrity diving show on ABC — to see how Kareem Abdul-Jabbar would do. I’m sure it had nothing to do with Katherine Webb. Nope, you’re better than that. You wanted to see how a 65-year-old, 7’2″ guy would do diving.
As that landing is arguably better than what I could do, I will leave all the comments up to you. Know that the show judges considered age and degree of difficulty and did not eliminate him the first week. He got mostly 7s and will be back.
Thanks to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for finding this, and apparently watching more of the show than I did.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 29
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 77
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 17
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14