Mar 20, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins needs to develop a thicker skin. Soon.
The Kings picked up one of their better wins of the year Tuesday, dominating the fourth quarter to knock off the Clippers. In a season filled with losses on the court and bigger concerns off it, this was the kind of game the Kings and their fans could use.
How did Cousin’s celebrate? By going over and using a few choice words to Kings play-by-play television guy (and Sacramento area radio host) Grant Napear. Because Napear had dared to be critical of Cousins on his radio show a good amount lately, according to Sactown Royalty .
Cousins had some choice words for Kings TV play-by-play man Grant Napear as he left the court while the telecast was still live.
When asked if he wanted to comment on it, Cousins laughed.
“No,” Cousins said. “It’ll give him something to talk about tomorrow. Tune in.”
The buzz on twitter from people at the game was that it was more like a few choice curse words mixed in with a suggestion for what Napear should talk about.
To his credit, Napear took the high road on twitter.
I hate to sound all parental but…
Cousins needs to grow up — you’re in the public spotlight, people are going to say things about you that you don’t like. That you think are wrong or unfair. It needs to roll off you like water off a duck’s back. Stop elbowing guys in the head or shoving guys in the face or going after announcers.
Going through life taking offense at or worrying about what people say about you is going to make it a miserable experience. He’s paid well, and soon will get paid a lot more, to play basketball. To get the perks of an NBA lifestyle. Stop being concerned about what everybody else thinks about you, take care of yourself and your game. Then the rest of it will take care of itself.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 18
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 15
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80