Mar 20, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s been a rough season for the Pistons, but the last few weeks in particular have been very tough — they have lost nine games in a row, the most recent a 37-point drubbing at the hands of the Nets. They are without Andre Drummond (back issues) and without any real spark.
In their last 10 games they have averaged 98.9 points per 100 possessions while allowing 115.7 — a difference of -16.8. That defense has been the worst in the NBA over that stretch.
Even their coach finds it hard to watch.
Coach Lawrence Frank was honest with the Detroit News and said that he found it hard to watch that loss to the Nets.
‘This is our fifth game like this since the break,” said Pistons coach Lawrence Frank, who returned to the team after a six-game absence due to his wife’s illness.
“As a group we stunk. This is disheartening to watch.”
The question is simply has the team quit? Well, to be fair injuries play a role with Brandon Knight, Jose Calderon and Andre Drummond all out. But the guys left on the roster are not putting up much fight at all. It’s not pretty.
And for Frank the issue goes back to the idea of turning around the culture of the franchise.
“We have to restore the pride of being a Piston,” said Frank before Monday’s game. “We’re not gonna restore it in a day but, big picture, we have to get that pride back in wearing that jersey.”
Easier said than done. Especially with this roster.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16