Mar 20, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
I know the video quality is not great, but that video does a great job of getting you to see what is my new favorite flop of the year.
To me, this is exactly why the NBA’s system of warnings and fines for flopping were put in place. CP3 is one of the league’s most notorious floppers and he should get called out on this.
The playoffs coming up will be the real test of the NBA’s flopping policy. That is when the most people are watching games and that is when the amount of flopping became an issue last year. With more on the line, guys like Paul might be willing to absorb the NBA’s pretty small fines to get a key call. But the postseason is when we’ll see if the policy worked at all.
Hat tip to the brilliant Tom Ziller at SB Network for finding the video and bringing it to light.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 0
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15