Mar 20, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
I know the video quality is not great, but that video does a great job of getting you to see what is my new favorite flop of the year.
To me, this is exactly why the NBA’s system of warnings and fines for flopping were put in place. CP3 is one of the league’s most notorious floppers and he should get called out on this.
The playoffs coming up will be the real test of the NBA’s flopping policy. That is when the most people are watching games and that is when the amount of flopping became an issue last year. With more on the line, guys like Paul might be willing to absorb the NBA’s pretty small fines to get a key call. But the postseason is when we’ll see if the policy worked at all.
Hat tip to the brilliant Tom Ziller at SB Network for finding the video and bringing it to light.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30