Mar 20, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
I know the video quality is not great, but that video does a great job of getting you to see what is my new favorite flop of the year.
To me, this is exactly why the NBA’s system of warnings and fines for flopping were put in place. CP3 is one of the league’s most notorious floppers and he should get called out on this.
The playoffs coming up will be the real test of the NBA’s flopping policy. That is when the most people are watching games and that is when the amount of flopping became an issue last year. With more on the line, guys like Paul might be willing to absorb the NBA’s pretty small fines to get a key call. But the postseason is when we’ll see if the policy worked at all.
Hat tip to the brilliant Tom Ziller at SB Network for finding the video and bringing it to light.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20